Chapter 3

Adrien was bored. Being a model in Gotham wasn't really all that it was cut out to be.It was boring being a model in Gotham. After finding out his father was Hawk Moth, the police took him to jail, but hushed everything up for Adrien's sake. Now, Audrey Bourgeois had taken over his father's company and was his legal guardian, which mean he could basically do whatever he wanted. 

Even if Audrey was by no means the best parent, he still had more freedom than he had ever had with Gabriel. He enjoyed to it it's fully extent, thinking wistfully of the times when he would use Plagg as an escape for her civillian life.

He scrolled through his feed, until one particular headline piqued his interest.

"Ice Prince of Gotham seen with Unknown girl." He read aloud

"Huh."

The girl reminded him vaguely of Marinette.

That was about as interesting as it got for Adrien.

When the mayor had offered to send them to Gotham, he had gladly accepted, hoping for a change of scenery.

Everything was perfect.

Well, almost.

Marinette was the only problem. She refused to take the high road and let Lila expose herself.

He let Alya and the group attack her, dubbed 'teaching her a lesson', hoping it would teach her a lesson to not cause trouble. It did not. She never just swallowed her pride and apologized. After all, Lila's lies weren't hurting anyone. Hopefully after this latest attack, she would learn to just keep her mouth shut. This whole situation that they were in was her fault, if he was to be quite frank.

Marinette was as stubborn as Ladybug. Both of them refused to give in, when clearly the other was right.

When they had defeated Hawk Moth, she refused to reveal her identity, even after him revealing his.

The expression on her face after he revealed himself was... horrible. It was like she hated him. He had to be wrong, right?

They were Ladybug and Chat Noir, two halves of a whole, they were soulmates. When he had consulted with Plagg about the relationship between him and his Lady, to his dismay, he was informed that not all Ladybugs and Chat Noirs ended up together. Sometimes they ended up hating each other, and even killing them.

Plagg told him a story about one of his other Chat Noirs who had ended up not only hating their Ladybug, but killing her.

That wasn't him and Ladybug though, he was sure of it! If only he knew her identity...

Well, that could be figured out at a later time. Him and his Lady were destined, and they would be together, one way or another.

~

Damian had already called Alfred to pick him and the girl up from well, wherever they were. He was already extremely irritated because he not only had to wait in the cold, but at that exact moment, the paparazzi found him.

"What...Oh. Paparazzi." She whispered.

"Ignore them." He whispered.  

"Why are they here?" She asked, her whisper barely audible.

"Because you are with me. Let's go." 

Marinette leaned on Damian, not having the strength to walk by herself.

"Are you guys dating?" A cameraman called out.

Before Damian could turn around and scowl at him, Marinette answered for him.