Now We're All Doomed

Mirabel stared at the completed vision — an image of her standing in front of the house but it was far from perfect, the house's exterior was coated in cracks. The young girl stood horrified at what she was seeing, not being able to tear her eyes away from it but has to when her dad entered.

"Miraboo. Got your party pants on 'cause I do-"

Agustín stopped as he noticed the vision, looking at his daughter as he began to grow concerned. The house quickly attempted to cover it but it was no success. Mirabel considered lying to her father about the situation but decided against it, "I...broke into Bruno's tower, I found his last vision, the family's in trouble — the magic is dying, the house is breaking, Luisa's gift is fading and I think it's all because of...me?" She innocently smiled.

Agustín stared at his daughter, stunned.

"Pa?"

His eyes grew wide trying to formulate a plan. He then shoved the glass shards into his pockets as he began to panic, "We say nothing. Abuela wants tonight to be perfect. 'Til the Guzman's leave, you did not break into Bruno's tower, the magic is not dying, the house is not breaking, Luisa's gift is not fading. No one will know, just act normal, no one has to know."

The door creaked open, catching the two's attention as Dolores was stood on the other side of the courtyard her eyes indicating that she had heard every last word from her uncle, "I know." She whispered quickly rushing away.

"She's gonna tell everyone." Mirabel spoke.

"Time to eat!" Came Alma's voice from downstairs.

"Miércoles (Wednesday)." Agustín said.

The Madrigal's were sat around the kitchen table, along with Mariano and his Abuela. As usual, Alma sat at the head of the table and to her right sat, Julieta, Pepa, Félix, Camilo, Luna, Dolores and Antonio. To her left however sat, Mariano's Abuela, Mariano, Isabela, Mirabel, Agustín and Luisa who sat at the head of the table opposite Alma.

"The Guzmans and the Madrigals together will be so good for the Encanto." Alma smiled.

"Yes, then let's hope tonight is not a horrible disaster." Abuela Guzman replied.

Alma simply chuckled, "To a perfect night. Salud (health)."

The family repeated Abuela's words as Mirabel tried her best to act normal by maintaining unwavering eye contact with her cousin who was struggling to keep the secret in. She kept her eyes fixed on Dolores — willing her not to divulge the secret whilst blocking out Abuela Guzmans words.

"I assumed that all was well in La Casa Madrigal...though when it comes to my Mariano, it is always best to see for myself."

"Avocado?" Mariano asked as he held the bowl in front of Mirabel blocking her view of Dolores.

As Mirabel passed the Avocado to her father, her eyes landed on Dolores — whispering in Camilo's ear looking directly at her. The young boy choked on his food whilst transforming into Mirabel, Bruno and then back to himself though his eyes were a little messed up. Everyone's eyes were on him especially the two Abuela's and Isabela. Alma tried to distract Abuela Guzman by pouring more wine into her glass.

"Camilo, fix your face." Félix whispered.

Camilo shook his head as his eyes returned to normal, now staring at Mirabel who was starting to panic as her secret was getting out but as she attempted to threaten him into not telling anyone by staring at him, Isabela handed her a jug of water, "Water?"