I'm Bringing You Home

Three kids were playing in the grass that was at the front of the Madrigal house. A crack formed on the ground next to them and as they looked up at the candle, it flickered unnaturally. The house shook scaring the children who then ran away from the house to where a group of people were gathered.

Inside the house, the Madrigal family were gathered in the foyer — Alma talking to Agustín, "You should have told me the second you saw the vision! Think of the family."

Agustín couldn't believe a word his mother in law was saying and this caused him to grow angry, "I was thinking of my daughter!"

A gust of wind blew snow across the room, Alma looking to her daughter, "Pepa, calm down!"

"I'm doing my best," Pepa exclaimed as she sat with snow around her, Félix attempting to waft the cloud away, "You're lucky it's not a hurricane!" She mentioned as a gust of wind took the hat right out of Félix's hand.

"Mamá, you've always been too hard on Mirabel." Julieta spoke softly.

Small cracks started to appear around them, "Look around! We must protect our family, our Encanto. We cannot lose our home!"

Arturo entered the house along with a crowd, "Señora, perdón, people in town are becoming anxious about the magic. They want to see you."

"Mirabel was in that vision for a reason. Find her."

As Alma left, the house shook leaving those in the house in a state of panic. It was happening.

~ ~

Feeling the tremor, animals flew and ran off scared.

Luna shuffled her feet, "We might wanna hurry."

As Bruno prepared his sand circle for his vision, he rolled his eyes and turned to face Luna, "You can't hurry the future."

Bruno nearly completed his sand circle when he came across a Chiguro sitting in his path, shrugging his shoulders he ignored the animal and carried on, "And what if I show you something worse? If I see something that you don't like, you're gonna be all, 'Bruno makes bad things happen, oh he's creepy and his vision killed my goldfish.'"

"I don't think you make bad things happen. Sometimes family weirdos just get a bad rep. You can do this." Mirabel encouraged.

Antonio handed his uncle a stuffed Jaguar and smiled almost as if to tell Bruno that he believed in him and that he could do this, "For the nerves."

Bruno looked at the stuffed Jaguar then up to Mirabel and Luna, thinking about what he was about to do.

"Look Bel, I love you and all that but you're on your own on this one. I'll stand on the side and watch." Luna spoke solemnly.

Mirabel chuckled looking to Bruno as he let out a weighty exhale, reaching into his ruana taking out a handful of salt, throwing it behind him.

"I can do this, I can do this, I can do this, I can do this." He muttered to himself.

Bruno lit a match which he used to ignite piles of wet leaves. As the smoke began to spiral around him and Mirabel he closed his eyes, entering a trance like state. The magic filled the room and somewhere in the house, Bruno's door came back to life, glowing as it became filled with magic. On the way to town, Alma paused at the strange occurrence, unsure of the cause.