prologue

Slamming his fist on the bar in front of him, he drunkenly shouts for another glass of whatever liquor he has been devouring for the last two hours. The barkeeper threw him an annoyed look, but slid him another glass of cheap whiskey with three ice cubes swimming on the surface. As fast as the glass was served, it was gone. The barkeeper shot the man a surprised look, not asking any further though. "I'm married. To a beautiful, intelligent woman. Believe it or not." the man slurred. "Sure you are" said the barkeeper, clearly not believing the drunk, disheveled man. "I don't usually drink this much, but it has been a rough few months you know..." the drunk trailed off. The barkeeper only shook his head and tended to different people on the other end of the bar. "Pff, I thought barkeepers had to listen to their guest. That is literally their job. Asshole." the man mumbled to himself.

He was actually supposed to meet his friend Namjoon here, but he seemed to be running late. Right now he couldn't care less he is in his feelings and drowns them in alcohol after the events that displayed this morning.

Flashback to this morning

Jin could actually pull himself together this morning and even got out of bed to take a shower. The bed he used to share with her. Everything in this godforsaken apartment reminds him of her. He decided it was time for him to eat something, so he went to the fridge and was greeted by emptiness. "I guess I'll have ramen again..." with a sigh he began to put the kettle on waiting for the water to boil. The thought came to his mind that he has not looked into the mail for very long. Jin has called in sick from work for the last few weeks, he would usually look into the mail on his way there. With the mail that has built up in his mailbox, he headed back inside to sort through it. Advertisements. Bills. More Advertisements. A letter from a law firm? Has he forgotten to pay for his parking tickets or something? As he opened it and skimmed through the letters everything seemed to move in slow motion. His heart started beating really loud in his ears and his lungs stopped pumping the air through. A divorce. She wants a divorce...

Flashback end

Jin gets slapped into reality by his friend Namjoon, who has arrived and bumped his shoulder, while squeezing onto the barstool next to him. "I'm so sorry I'm late Jin, work was hell today," Namjoon said. He ordered a martini and turned to Jin again, realizing his friend was in some kind of delirium. "I guess you've had enough to drink huh?"

"She wants a divorce. She hates me" Jin cried into Namjoon's shoulder. His drunken state made him emotional and weak. Namjoon hated to see his friend like that. They have known each other for almost seven years now and he has never seen his friend that broken. Rory and Jin were high school sweethearts and got married at an early age. Namjoon and his wife got married rather early too, but they are still together. He had to watch how Jin and Rory slowly distanced each other from one another. It hurt him too. "I...I don't know what to say. Wasn't it foreseeable? I mean you don't live together anymore and you both got very distant...it was just a matter of time." Namjoon said hesitantly.

It was really just a matter of time. Rory, Jin's soon-to-be ex-wife, has always been such a hard-working person. She wanted to have a great job and then get married and have children. Jin was rather scared of growing old and having kids. He lived an inconsistent life and liked to have fun with his friends. He never saw himself as a father figure, maybe because he never had one growing up, or maybe because he was scared of losing his youth. That is basically how the arguments between the two of them started. The distancing from each other followed suit. Rory decided to bury herself in her work, with no work-life balance whatsoever. And Jin decided to distance himself from Rory and concentrate on himself. Which led to Rory renting an apartment closer to her workplace two months ago and Jin, just now, realizing what he's done. Or what he's done wrong.

As soon as Rory left with her last suitcase, Jin knew he was in deep shit. The love of his life just left out of the door and took his heart with her. And that feeling is shit, believe it. "I need her." Jin sighed. "Well, you're realizing that pretty soon...". Namjoon said sarcastically. He wasn't on anyone's side during this break-up. He knew Jin and Rory since forever, they were the ones to introduce him to his now-wife. Kaiya, Namjoon's wife is Rory's best friend and is obviously the biased one in this situation. Namjoon decided to stay impartial, but he silently wishes for them to get back together anyway.

"Namjoon, I'm going to get her back. This divorce will not happen. Rory will not slip through my fingers again!" Jin shouted ambitiously. Namjoon looked around a little embarrassed, they were in public after all. "And how exactly will you do that? Do you even know if she loves you anymore?" Namjoon said.

That stung Jin's heart more than a little. He had to sit down on his barstool again. Does she even love him anymore? Has Rory fallen out of love? Jin's confidence went from 100 to 0 very fast. "I still love her... I even remember the first time I said it to her" Remembering. Remember? Remember!!! She has to remember her love for him! Jin jumped out of his seat again. "If she does not love me now, I simply have to remind her of her love for me. I will make her fall in love with me again. I will make it up to her and give her the life she deserves." He said almost stumbling over his own words. "I guess that could work if we would live in a romance novel or something. This is real life Jin." Namjoon answered.

"Give me 14 days and the divorce will not happen. I will have the love of my life back in my arms. You'll see Namjoon, you'll be the godfather of our children! 14 DAYS!!!" Jin screamed while running out of the bar stumbling a little, straight to where his apartment is, that he used to share with Rory.

"Shit, I'm going to have to pay this bastard's bill now..." Poor Namjoon.