day 1

A busy morning at the Daysun company...

A young ambitious woman in a grey pantsuit and black Louboutin heels hurries through the crowded lobby towards the elevators. She's being followed by a small blonde, rather perky woman with a stack of important-looking papers and a clipboard in her hand. The small blonde seems to struggle to keep up with the woman in the pantsuit, she is taking big powerful strodes to the elevator. "Mrs. Kim, you're meeting with Mr. Jeon was delayed to 1 pm. The contract regarding the Crystal company deal has been signed... and still no answer from your husband or any lawyers he could have consulted regarding the divorce." The small blonde woman said in a hurry keeping up with her mini steps. Both women squeeze themselves through the elevator doors together.

The elevator was completely empty, only the artificial light, a few mirrors and the two women. The taller woman looked in the mirror of the elevator and fixed her hair a little, while the smaller one checked if her lipstick stained her teeth.

"Call Mr. Jeon and tell him I'm the one that delays meetings if necessary, he is the one that wants something from me so I make the appointments. Tell him 12:05 o'clock sharp or there will be no meeting with Dayun and the Jeon company. I have other things to then wait gor a delayed meeting. And thanks Gabriella you're doing your best at the moment really!" Mrs. Kim also known as Rory to friends and family said. Gabriella nodded her head, which turned into a confused frown. "What about your husband Mrs. Kim? The divorce?". That was the last thing Rory wanted to talk about during work, but she has to let her personal assistant Gabriella know what she'll have to do regarding the lawyers. "I guess he won't answer, he doesn't talk to me but also doesn't want a divorce?! I don't get men. He is just petty because he doesn't want me to be out of his grasp completely. Ugh, that is so frustrating! I want to get it over with and move on, I'm busy with work and the divorce is just a distraction." Rory snapped which made Gabriella flinch a little. Rory could get really intimidating when she is mad, which made her such a good businesswoman. Although it is rather rare that Rory speaks about her emotions and not about business. She is not a person that opens up a lot.

"I get what you are going through Mrs. Kim. My divorce was such an escapade that my husband refused to sign the papers for like two months straight!" Gabriella said. The lawyers Rory consulted were recommended to her by Gabriella, who has been through a divorce herself. Or let's say a lot of divorces. This may be her third and she is only 25 years old. "Why did you keep Seonhyuns last name anyway Gabriella?" That's what Rory always wondered. "With a Korean last name, I have better chances on jobs in Korea too. My resume can't tell them I'm not Korean. So this stupid marriage was good enough for something. I bet you could keep your name too, everyone has called you Mrs. Kim since you started working here." Gabriella said. Rory had to give it to her, this little blonde had some witt.

Rory thought about that for a minute. Did Jin and I have had as bad of a marriage as Seohyun and Gabriella? The good memories of Jin and her swarmed Rory's head, but as soon as they came Rory shook them off. No, Jin does not seem to love her anymore, he ignores her and he sure as hell cannot picture a future with her, so there's no use in beeing married. You see, Jin is a free spirit and Rory is a practical person, there was bound to be a clash some time. "You know what Gabriella." "What?" " Let's start with you, then it will catch on, you'll only call me Ms. Perez from now on". Gabriella thought about that for a minute. "Who is Perez?"

Rory rolled her eyes as far back into her head as she could. Nevermind, the witt. Gabriella wasn't the brightest star in the sky. "Let's just start with the paperwork. I need some alone time now, just me and my work..." Always the workaholic.

Fast forward to the beginning of noon in the Dayun company office. The head office, which belongs to Rory, was quiet. Rory wanted to get ready to head to lunch, but then Gabriella chimed in. "Mrs. Kim, did you forget about your meeting with Mr. Jeon? You told him 12:05 o'clock sharp and he is here now, a little early might I add." Oh shoot, Gabriella totally forgot about the meeting with one of the most important clients of Dayun company. Guess Rory has to eat a late lunch today, although her stomach is grumbling loudly.