-1-

Jungkook POV

Maiden Voyage of the Crystal Harmony Cruise Ship
30th March 1989

The salty smell in the air and the wind that messes up my once perfectly styled hair, but it doesn't bother me, it rather excites me. Not as much as it used to though, but it is still thrilling. Because this feeling is the feeling of new beginnings. Ah, the Crystal, my old friend and partner in crime. No, I'm not talking about a person, the Crystal is rather a feeling or more specifically speaking: 'The cruise ship on which dreams come true.' That's what they tell you in this stupid advertisements at least. For me the Crystal is an old and new experience at the same time. It is my second time working on a cruise ship in general.

It all started as a bet. My friend and I applied as staff for the cruise and we were sure we wouldn't get the job, as young and naive as we were. But in a blink of an eye, me and my friend have become waiters at the Crystal Symphony. That was my first cruise ship experience and as we entered the ship in South Korea, my home country, me and my friend began to travel the world. I was sure I never wanted it to end, that's why I signed up again to be a part of the Crystal Harmony's maiden voyage. Now I'm about the board said new ship (This time starting from Nagasaki, Japan) and I'll be the head waiter for the rich guests on this luxurious cruise that will probably treat me like dirt, but it is all worth it once you see the brightness of the sea and the different facets of the beautiful countries the world has to offer.

With my big backpack slung over one shoulder, I strutted towards the gates of the ship where the security was waiting and checking the IDs. The grumpy security guard looked me up and down. "Jeon Jungkook, head waiter and a friend of Mr. Park" I assured him. It was always good to tell the cruise ship staff that I know Jimin, because he is rather popular and well-known and that would always somehow benefit me, but in this case, it didn't.

"Park you say? As in Jimin Park?" he asked. "Yes exactly and he must be waiting actually uhm-" Is what I said while trying to slither in smoothly between the guard and the gate. "That bastard! Last cruise, he stole my girlfriend. Snatched her right outta my grip. My Becky. If I see him it ain't gonna end well!" he said. "Becky? Oh I remember her! She had a nice pair of-" I stopped mid sentence, to scared to finish what I started, with this grumpy 7 foot man staring me down "...pair of eyes". He nodded at me and let me through. Phew, way to go Jungkook, you've made an enemy the first day.

Sweating heavily from this incident and the many stairs I entered the staff conference room. It was a big room with a nice dark red carpet and wooden decorations everywhere. The staff nearly had a whole deck for themselves, with a bar, a conference room, a pool and the sleeping area. It wasn't as neat as the sleeping area of the passengers, but we were staff after all. It took me a while to spot Jimin within the room because we are nearly 600 staff members on this ship and the conference was the first for this cruise and of importance. Everything had to be perfect for the maiden voyage from Nagasaki to South America and the Caribbean Islands.

"Are you ready for the adventure of a lifetime dude?" Jimin came up to all giddy and full of energy. Well, that's going to change within a week of hard work. Jimin always seems to forget that working on a cruise ship is a lot of work and very tiring, reading every wish from the passengers lips. But instead of putting him down I decided to hype myself up and get as excited as he is.

"Yeah, I hope we can bunk together or something. You said you already know a few people here right? Any nice lady's I need to know about?" I said.

"Nah not really, I only know a few guys so far, no girls but I'm going to get back at you on this one. Give me like a week and I know half of the female staff ahaha." He said. Jimin isn't a total player, I mean we are young and interested in interactions with females. Can you blame us? Real relationships are rather hard while working at sea.