6

I rubbed my eyes, at an attempt to wake up quicker; news flash, it's not working. The alarm Rainy set up on my phone blasted through my small, rose gold Bluetooth speaker. I slowly rolled over, reaching my arm out in the process to snooze my alarm for just one second.

I stopped myself once I read the alarm's name: First meeting with cast/crew!! Do not snooze.

Holy shitziculs!

I ran the shower water just as I heard the front door open. It was probably Rainy coming in to get Mateo. She usually came to get him every other morning to drop him off at the daycare near her job.

My heart felt heavy when I realized that I wouldn't be there to tell him goodbye today. I always looked forward to his morning forehead kisses, they were the sweetest little thing in the whole world. They were very important to him too; I remember the one time I forgot to do it, and he waited outside of my door until I finally opened it and gave him his goodbye kisses.

Ugh, I'm so going to hate when he grows out of that.

I quickly put on a baby blue knitted cropped sweater, black leggings, and slipped on my grey pair of UGG boots. After loads of trial and error, I put my braids into a high bun on the top of my head. As for accessories, I put in some fake diamond balled earrings and a fake diamond ring on my middle finger as well; nothin' real fancy. I also applied light blush, magnetic mahogany matte lipstick followed by some gloss to make it shine, and a little eyeliner.

Right as I finished up my breakfast, my phone rang. "What's up, Ray?"

Rainy shifted the camera to Mateo bouncing in the backseat. "Hey, Mommy." Mateo waved over FaceTime. "You fowgot to give me kisses."

"Oh, I know, baby. Mommy's sorry." I set my phone down on the counter as I ran my toothbrush under the water.

"Mommy?"

"Yes?" I put my face in the camera.

"Kisses." Mateo made the sound 'muah'. "Your tuwn!" He lowered his head.

"Muah." I fake kissed his forehead. "Love you. Have a great day at school."

"Wove you too, Mommy."

Rainy put the camera back on her. "Go kick some ass."

"Yeah, go kick some ass," Mateo repeated proudly.

"Rain—" She hung up before I could scold her.

I walked swiftly into the studio, holding my small Coach purse I got on sale close to my side. I was greeted with heat as I opened the heavy, steel door. Once I walked into the place we were having the meeting, four heads turned to stare at me from where they were seated in some expensive red leather chairs.

I felt a little insecure like their eyes were seeping through my soul. I avoided their eyes and sat down in the empty chair across the glass coffee table.

Booker cleared his throat, noticing the awkwardness settling in the room. "So. . . this is Cleo."

I twirled my fingers in small circles in my lap to make it less obvious that I was nervous. "I can introduce myself, thank you very much," I snapped.

"Ooo! Snappy!" One of the women with dark purple—almost black—hair with golden circular glasses, clapped excitedly. I instantly recognized her to be the famous actress and singer, Adriana Sparks. "You and I are going to be besties. I can see it."

Me? Besties with Adriana Sparks? Oh. My. G-O-D.

Keep your cool, Cleo.

"My name is Austin Abbott, as you already know." He winked.

He was completely right, I did know him. He was my celebrity crush for the longest in high school. He was light-skinned with strong cheekbones, earrings in both ears, dark brown curls that rested neatly on the top of his head, and dark brown eyes.

"Ignore his arrogant ass." Adriana hit his arm. She pointed at yet another famous, talented, and drop-dead gorgeous actress, Leilani Martin. "Annnd that's Leilani."

Leilani waved like she was a princess riding in a carriage. I guess the rumors about her being a snobby bitch were true.

As if reading my mind, Adriana added, "Yes, the rumors about her being a snobby bitch are true."

Booker smoothly covered his laugh with a cough while Austin placed his hand over his mouth while he angled his head down. Adriana chuckled softly at her own remark.

"What? I'm not a snobby bitch." Leilani flipped her long dreads behind her shoulder dramatically.

"Says who?" I got up and fixed myself a drink.

Everyone's laughter filled the room—everyone except Leilani. Once I was seated once again, she stared at me, her eyes narrowed.

Looked like I made my first enemy.

"You're new to the show biz?" Adriana took a sip of her drink in the lounging room.

"Yeah." I checked my phone for any messages regarding Mateo.

"By the way, no one calls it that." Austin grabbed his phone off of the huge wooden table that we were all sitting at.

Adriana decided that it'd be best if we all learned each other's names and stuff so we won't be awkward and weird around on set.

I was still trying to wrap my head around the fact that I was going to be in a movie. One of the main characters, actually! How sick was that?!

Most of my nerves have been wrinkled out after the meeting and brief reading over our lines. And boy, do I have a lot. I have my own dressing room, makeup person, stylist, you name it. I've never been pampered before and this felt good.

"How're you liking it so far," Booker asked lowly as the others argued about something.

"Umm. . . it's alright." I looked around the room at the many Oscars hung on the wall.

"You lying son of a bitch." Booker laughed.

"Excuse me?" I raised a brow at him daringly.

Booker cleared his throat, suddenly looking at me with panic. "Nothing."

"Oh my God." I covered my mouth with my hand as I gasped.

"What happened?"

"You're scared of me." I busted out laughing.

"The fuck? You're delusional." Booker straightened his back so he could sit up straighter.

"Watch your language, Sir." I wiggled my index finger at him.

"Yes ma'am." He nodded.