Chapter 2

Harry and Hermione were shaken awake by their worried looking head of house, "Are you two OK?" asked McGonagall

After glancing at each other they both nodded neither trusting their voice at the moment

"Well wait in my classroom until we can find out what happened, you should be safe there for now," as she hurried down the corridor with her wand in hand.

After entering the transfiguration classroom Hermione closed the door and cast locking and silencing charms before turning to Harry and rushing into his waiting arms.

As they embraced Harry thought 'I never wanted to let her go'

When Hermione answered "don't worry Harry now your mine and I'm never letting you go"

It took a few seconds for him to realise that he hadn't actually said the words out loud

Hermione answered him again "but I heard it loud and clear oh Harry I'm getting worried, this is not normal"

"Hermione when is my life ever normal, one kiss and we get woken up on the corridor floor by McGonagall no less."

This caused Hermione to smile in remembrance of that wonderful kiss.

Harry continued, "I just wish I knew what happened back there and is it safe to kiss you again because I plan on doing that a lot."

He was moving his lips to hers while talking and was just about to have the second kiss of his life when two loud cracks reverberated around the classroom as a couple of house elves appeared before them.

"My Lord and Lady, how may we be of service?"

Harry and Hermione had to look twice to make certain that the very formal elves bowing and curtsying to them were actually Dobby and Winky. "Dobby what's with the Lord and Lady? I thought we agreed that my name is Harry and how are you feeling now Winky?"

"I is feeling much better my Lord and thank you for asking."

Harry was starting to get annoyed, "Could we please stop with the Lord stuff and why so formal?"

"We is required to be formal for the request we wish to make my Lord," answered Dobby

The fact that Dobby was in Harry's presence and wasn't bouncing about like a two year old on their third cup of espresso set Hermione's alarm bells ringing, "And just what is this request?' she asked.

"Well now that you are bonded and have all your houses to take care of we would like to be bonded to the noble Lord and Lady Gryffindor," said an expectant Dobby.

"WHAT!"

Harry led Hermione to a seat before sitting down himself though as soon as his girlfriend realised they were no longer touching she immediately change position to sit on his knee with her arm on his shoulder. This brought a knowing smile to the faces of both elves, while the teenagers paused to figure out their next move.

It was Harry who spoke though for some reason he knew exactly what Hermione wanted to ask, "Ok you two come over here and have a seat, and then maybe you can tell us what the hell is going on?"