Chapter 14 - Euphoria

The chakra started off its journey with the speed of light and within picoseconds, half of rukmi's moustache fell down to his lap along with half of his hair. Rukmini covered her mouth in sudden shock while Krishna, beside her, chuckled lightly. Rukmi could not even raise his head at the embarassment he just faced. Krishna came out of the carriage with a rope in his hand, followed by Rukmini.
....
....
"Kanha! What have you done to him. Is this the way you behave with relatives? And that too, your brother in law in this case?" Balarama scolded his brother at the sight of a half shaved, half bald rukmi tied to a tree.

"Dau... I should atleast do this to him for he have had the audacity to insult a woman like that, on top of disrupting her right to choose her decisions." Balarama just curtly nodded as he also knew that Rukmi, no matter how much of a loving brother he was, failed to acknowledge his sister's life as important as his, instead of a medium to enhance political relationships.

Leaving behind Rukmi into the hands of fate, the trio proceeded to leave for dwarka along with Daruka and the soldiers. Rukmini glanced back at her brother one last time and in her mind, apologized to him and her father more than gazillion times.

The journey to Dwarka was indeed long but Rukmini still managed to shine through the tiredness, as her beloved was finally by her side. The splendid city of Dwaraka started coming into the view slowly and the carriage entered into the city. The city shone more brightly now, since Dwaraka's Dwarakeshwari have arrived bringing her good fortune and luck along. The people walking, halted in their place and those working, stopped for the time being to witness the divine couple. Rukmini smiled at the people, while Krishna was smiling looking at her. The beloved of their beloved has finally stepped into the land where she belongs now. The elderly blessed the couple while the young looked up at them with admiration.

The wide opened gates of the palace came near and the carriage entered in with ease. Rukmini looked around taking in the beauty of the place and the peace in the air. Looking down, her eyes landed on the forwarded hands of the young Yadava. A slight blush crept up her already pinkish cheeks. With the slight hesitance of the new form of love she found, she placed her delicate hands on his. The thick eyelashes covered the tender shyness in her eyes. With gentle footsteps, she stepped on the divine land of Dwaraka. The new phase of her life begins now and there's absolutely nothing she regrets at this point as she knew, everything was worth something, and the pain she suffered made her worthy of this happiness.

Bearing the ever glowing mesmerizing smile, Dwarakadheesh led his bride to the entrace where his family was waiting eagerly for the new member. Mata Devaki, along with Vasudeva, Revati and satyaki stood with thali ready in her hands. The radiance of her entirety would make it difficult for someone to believe that this lady have spent her entire youth under the brutal tyranny of her brother and have managed to survive the torture of seeing six of her children being killed right infront of her eyes. Her existence is the proof that hope and belief is a major factor which helps us to move on afterall.

Rukmini joined her palms in genuine respect and looked at each of them standing before her, her smile bearing the beauty of the enigmatic nature, like the personality she was.

"Sadha saubhagyavati bhava putri" Devaki caressed the new daughter in law of the house after the Arti. The couple touched Devaki and Vasudeva's feet for blessings. Revati warmly welcomed Rukmini to the family through a hug. She was more than ecstatic to receive a sister with whom she can share everything now. Satyaki embraced his dear friend now that his friend have officially decided to take up the position of being a householder.

"Start the preparation for the wedding as soon as possible." Devaki directed the Dasa standing behind and continued looking at Revathi. "Revathi, you are in charge of the whole arrangement of the wedding. You should instruct them of all the necessary arrangements." Revathi smiled nodding.

"Come putri, You must be extremely tired after the long journey." Devaki took hold of Rukmini's hand and led her to the interior of the large palace, followed by Revathi. Krishna looked on at the retrieving figure of Krishnatmika, led by his mother and sister in law, which received a nudge from satyaki and a chuckle from his dau.

Entering the palace, Rukmini was awed by the beauty it held. The halls may not be extremely extravagant and decorated, but there existed a feeling of tranquility which was much greater in sense of satisfaction of soul.

She looked down suddenly and was surprised on seeing a little girl clinging to her legs.

"Subhadre... Let go of her legs dear. She must be really tired." Hearing her mother Rohini, Subhadra let go of Rukmini and stood there with pouty lips. Rukmini greeted Mata Rohini, who was busy till now running behind subhadra to which Rohini acknowledged by blessing her.

Rukmini knelt down and caresses Subhadra's hair gently. "Where were you running around like this dear? Good kids do not trouble their parents."

"But I don't want to eat." Said subhadra, the intensity of her pout increasing. Rukmini chuckled remembering her own childhood when her mother would be troubled by all her six children alike. A sudden rush of sadness engulfed her but she instantly shrugged the feeling away.

"But you have to eat to be strong like your brothers. Don't you want to be strong too, so you could also abolish adharma?" Subhadra went into thinking at the sudden question asked by her sister in law who booped her nose. She ran back to her mother as if she received an epiphany.

Every laughed at the sight of little Subhadra dragging her mother away for the purpose of eating.

"Come this way Rukmini. Let me show your chamber." Revathi walked away with Rukmini.

Reaching the chamber, Revathi left Rukmini alone so that she could relax. Rukmini walked up to the generously massive balcony which opened to the beauty of the sea by the side. The cool breeze entered the chamber passing by her. She let out a long sigh. The events that have happened in her peaceful life for the past two days have been dramatic. It might have exhausted her a bit, but the love it brought is beyond anything. Her thoughts wandered of to Vidarbha, her father, her brothers, her sister in laws, her sakhis and her citizens. They might be missing her a lot just like how she's missing them too. She was the one who always cared for their health and necessities the most in the palace especially for her father after her mother's demise. The sight of her sakhis happily looking at the retrieving carriage flashed before her eyes bringing a smile to her face though she longed for their presence. Running around through the memories she has, stored in her being, she stood there for some more minutes.

clutching the red dupatta, now slightly dishevelled, she walked back to the room and sat on the bed for the wedding of her dreams have came nearer than ever.

A peacock feather silently flew down from above and rested on her lap.

💜💜💜

Yayy!! So finally in dwaraka...!!!! ...

Fact: Vasudev is said to be in house arrest rather than being in jail, and had contact with all his wives including Devaki and Rohini. Because, obviously Kamsa isn't a fool for not separating Vasudeva and Devaki in the first place. But it would just delay the whole thing and the chances of the eighth child being born still stays. Instead he went for proving the akashvani wrong by just Killin the child right when it was born, leaving no chance of his death in the future. Alas, it backfired.😌