3

A/N: Hey, ahah, sorry for not writing. I'm not going to come up with some lame excuse. I was just lazy and didn't have any ideas.
Slowly easing into the school year
Total Word Count: 1026
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

After gym, you met up with Zenitsu to go to your next class, Chemistry, taught by none other than Mr. Iguro Obanai. You were half scared because the teachers you've met so far are extremely unfair. You and Zenitsu talked while walking in the hall.

"So how was civics?" You asked in an attempt to start up a conversation.
"Mr. Himejima looks so scary! He's so muscular, and looks like he would beat me up to a pulp!" Zenitsu started off. "Though I guess that's just how he looks because everything in that classroom has cats on it."
You giggled a little bit. "Cats? Mr. Himejima, a huge scary muscular guy, has cats on everything?" You restated what Zenitsu said in the form of a question.
"That's right, and! That rotten jerk said I would make a great student council member and decided to sign me up for it without asking me!" Zenitsu ranted. That's when you started laughing. Zenitsu? A student council member? Really??

"You certainly don't look like or act like the type of person who would be apart of student council!" You said, continuously laughing.

Zenitsu stopped to look at you for a second. Almost as if time had stopped, when in reality it was only a few seconds. He admired you. Your bright smile, your laugh, your humor. It was all wonderful. He always was a wannabe ladies man however right now in this moment, he wanted to embrace you, and you alone. Nobody else mattered in those few seconds. It was like it was just you and him in the hallway, however that was not the case.

Zenitsu came back to his senses. 'What we're my thoughts just now?' He thought to himself, 'Me and Y/N have been friends for so long, I can't think about them like that!'

"-ey! Earth to Zenitsu!" You were waving your hand Infront of Zenitsu's face, trying to tell him that the two of you had arrived at class.

"Oh! Sorry, Y/N, I was staring off into space, what's up?" Zenitsu had apologized. That was probably the first time he didn't hear someone talking to him. Zenitsu has always had incredible hearing.

"We made it to class, now get inside before the bell rings!" You said, dragging Zenitsu into class by his arm.

The two of you took your seats. Mr. Iguro seemed quite intimidating, to say the least. He stood at the front of the class with a mask on and a snake around his shoulders. He seemed to be glaring almost 100% of the time. Eventually class started and Mr. Iguro started talking.

"Take this class seriously or else I'll tie you to a post and shoot you with a bottle rocket." He stated sharply. You could feel the chill run up your back. You weren't necessarily bad at chemistry, but who knows, maybe it wouldn't be so bad, if Mr. Iguro was a good teacher, this class wouldn't be half bad.

Zenitsu had tensed up at the thought of being shot by a rocket. He looked over at Y/N, almost as if begging with his eyes to cheat off of her before the work had even started. You looked over at Zenitsu to see his gaze, not gonna lie, it made your face turn a light shade of pink. However, you noticed that his eyes were saying, "Y/N!! I won't be able to pass this class without your help!"

Neither of you were reasonably good at Chemistry, however you knew that Zenitsu was horrible at it. You shot him a quick smile as if to say, "don't worry!" Zenitsu eased up and faced back to the board, where Mr. Iguro had already written down 20 classroom "ground rules."

You deadpanned, (like this:🗿) and silently prayed, knowing your future was filled with bottle rockets shooting at both you and Zenitsu.

Quick little Time Skip:

You and Zenitsu had met up with Inosuke, Tanjiro, Aoi, and Kanao to eat lunch together. "So how has school for you been so far?" Aoi asked the group. Kanao responded with a small, "good." And continued with her meal. Tanjiro went with a simple, "It's been like any other school year!" And Inosuke rambled on with large amount of detail about every class. Everyone tuned him out and Y/N answered. "I'd say I'm easing into the school year pretty well!"

Once again, Zenitsu caught himself looking at Y/N's features. Her beautiful e/c eyes, her soft, silky h/c hair. It all seemed so perfect. Why was he noticing so much about her? He never really stopped to look at how beautiful the girls he hit on were. Sure at the beginning of their friendship, Zenitsu hit on her, but he didn't do it that much anymore. He never really looked at her as just another girl he could hope to settle down with. He saw her as something much more than that. He wouldn't dare speak up about it though.

"- earlier today too, Zenitsu! Helloo???!" Y/N was snapping her fingers to try and get Zenitsu's attention. "You keep spacing out today, are you doing alright?" Y/N asked, concerned for her friend.

"Hm? Yeah I'm okay, it's kinda weird, my hearing hasn't been doing to great today, I'd normally hear every word you say." Zenitsu said, concerned for himself. He really needed to stop looking at Y/N like she was a beautiful piece of art in a museum.

"That's strange, but we should clean up, the bell is about to ring."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Ooh, looks like Zenitsu is starting to develop some attraction towards Y/N! Not going to lie, I also had to do research for this chapter to get it as cannon as possible. Didn't know how Zenitsu became a student council member so I went with something that I thought was pretty funny. See you guys in the next chapter!✨