5

Author's Note: 🧍‍♀️ So uh..hey guys. It's been a year, and I haven't written a single thing for this fic. I would just like to say that I'm sorry for leaving so many people hanging. You should probably expect very very slow updates. Again, I'm sorry!

Part 5: The Sleepover
Word count: 1035

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Y/N had left the playground flustered and confused, fanning her face with her hands in an attempt to lessen the amount of blush. She made her way back home in order to prepare for Aoi's surprise sleepover, her steps feeling light and airy, thoughts of Zenitsu clouding her mind. Everything about what happened at the park just felt so fun and enjoyable, the two of them, just spending time alone together. It was like pure bliss. Y/N finally had made it to her humble home, opening and closing the door with a light click.

In her room, she made sure to pack everything she needed, such as the necessary toiletries, (that's your toothbrush toothpaste, deodorant, ect.) Clothes, a deck of cards, and a blanket. She figured she didn't need a pillow, as Aoi always managed to have extra. Once she felt like she was packed and ready to go, Y/N left downstairs to let her parents/guardians know where she was going, and once she grabbed her school bag, she was out the door and down the street.

Finally making it to Aoi's house, Y/N knocked on the door, to be met immediately with her blue eyed friend's enthusiasm. "Y/N! You're finally here! And it only took you 3 ages, normally it takes 5!" Aoi exclaimed, unusually upbeat. Kanao laughed quietly at the antics of her two friends, watching as Y/N scowled at the obvious jab to her time management skills.

The three girls settled down, having an incredible sleepover complete with pizza and stupid movies. However, we all know your classic teenage party can't be complete without your overused, highly expected truth or dare game. Sure it might be a bit dorky, but it can still be fun.

(Now I'm sure you guys saw this a mile away, but I'm gonna write it anyway because it's my book I write what I want 😭)

It was Y/N's turn to be asked truth or dare, and after already having to prank call an unspecified foodchain restaurant, and then proceed to flirt with the person who answered the phone, she was taking no more chances. "Truth!" She spoke proudly, only for her pride to be crushed my Aoi's devilish smirk. Aoi spoke, "Do you have a crush on someone in our class?" Her words seemed to flow out of her mouth so easily, not a single stutter or slip up was heard. Aoi had been wanting to ask this question from the start.

Y/N's face started to flush a light pink, her words seemingly caught in her throat. "I- well, I'm not sure, it's sort of- well I don't know yet..I guess?" She tried to answer, stumbling over her words. Though, Aoi didn't seem to fall for her innocent act. "C'mon! You could at least tell us who it is you're thinking about!" Aoi pressed on, while Kanao only showed a confirming nod of the head.

Y/N immediately thought of Zenitsu, but he's not particularly a crush, more like somebody she happened to get along with really well, and was caring...and cute. But that's besides the point! It's not like she had any romantic feelings for him.. at least she thinks there aren't.

"Y/N? Y/N c'mon! Stop thinking with that dumbfounded look on your face, we both already know it's Zenitsu." Aoi stated in a matter-of-fact manner. Y/N smiled while blush started to cover her face. She stuttered out, "Oh come on guys, Zenitsu isn't a crush, he's just a friend!" Y/N tried to deny any possible romantic feelings towards the yellow haired boy, but something just kept bubbling up in her chest. It was a warmth that made her feel safe and relaxed.

Aoi and Kanao didn't buy her little act for even a second, yet still they decided to just drop the topic for now and tease her about it later. One way or another she was going to realize her feelings.

The rest of the night went smoothly, playing games, finishing off the pizza from earlier in the night, other sleepover activities that will remain unnamed. The girls had a blast. And when the next morning comes, nobody wanted to get up except Aoi.

Aoi shook Y/N awake, and was currently dragging Kanao out of her sleeping bag. "C'mon you guys! We're gonna be late for school if we don't get up now!" She whispered out, seemingly already in uniform with her hair up in her regular pigtails. Y/N rolled over to check the time, which was 6:00 am. She rolled back over to look at Aoi with a tired scowl on her face. She normally got up at around 7 to get ready for school, it's not like the school was very far away from where they lived, and if anything Aoi was actually closer to the school. Y/N covered her head with her blanket, until she was mercilessly dragged out. Knowing that she didn't really want to fight Aoi, nor did she have the strength to, she gave up and left to go put her uniform on.

The trio manged to safely make it at school, but safe was an overstatement for Y/N, for she knew that her two best friends would tease her about her little "crush" all day.
_______________________________________________

End note: So uh 🧍‍♀️ fancy seeing you here. I'm gonna be so honest I'm back because I kept getting Wattpad notifications in my email. I don't really expect anyone to actually want to read this anymore, but it's not like I cared about having a large amount of readers in the first place. Again, this is entirely self-indulgent. Thank you to everyone that has managed to read this far, I really appreciate you guys, and I'll even take criticism. I'm open to suggestions!