6

Author's Note: Hello guys 🤗 no 1 year hiatus this time. I'm honestly really happy that people are still reading this, it gives me motivation, so thank you for all of your comments that make me laugh and smile! Have your content.
Word count: 938
Part 6: The Embarrassing Torment
_______________________________________________

Y/N knew that Aoi and Kanao (mostly Aoi) would be teasing her as much as they could today about her little "crush" on Zenitsu. It didn't matter if they didn't have any classes together, there was still time before and after school, and even during lunch.

As the group of girls approached Tanjiro and the gang, Aoi sneakily pushed Y/N closer to Zenitsu's side, which made Y/N send her friend a quick glare.

"So, guys, what were you up to after school yesterday?" Aoi asked, striking conversation. Zenitsu seemed as though he lightened up, casually mentioning that he and Y/N spent a few hours at the park together. This information caused Kanao and Aoi to turn their shipping gazes right towards to two. Trying to move the conversation along smoothly without many hiccups, Y/N said, "Yeah, and then after that Aoi called and Kanao and I headed over to her place for a sleepover," she was mostly talking to Tanjiro and Inosuke, though Inosuke wasn't particularly listening. He was picking bugs off of the ground and squishing them between his fingers. Tanjiro nodded his head to show that he was listening, then added to the conversation by telling the group about his harsh day at his family's bakery.

While Tanjiro was talking, the whole group had moved into the school, and separated into their homeroom classes.

As per usual, Mr. Tomioka was harsh, and strict on the rules. That didn't stop the note passing that happened regularly though. Zenitsu and Y/N were passing notes, despite Tanjiro's suggestions that it was probably a bad idea.

Mr. Tomioka had finally told them to stop passing notes, with a slap of his ruler to Zenitsu's desk, and then another scolding about his hair.

A few more classes pass, and it is now lunch time.

Y/N had finally been able to get her lunch after standing in line for what seemed like hours. And when she had gotten to her friends and their established lunch table, she noticed a very obvious spot right Infront of Zenitsu. So obvious that it almost seemed planned. Y/N Sat down next to Kanao, and once again glared at Aoi, who only held an innocent smile. The table seemed a bit chaotic, Tanjiro was trying to get Inosuke to stop stealing Aoi's food, and to take his instead of he was hungry. Aoi and Y/N were having a staring contest, and Kanao and Zenitsu were simply minding their business.

Y/N eventually broke contact and started eating her food, occasionally jumping into conversation.

"Inosuke! You shouldn't steal a lady's food! If your hungry just get more food from the school or take some of mine!" Tanjiro yelled with his regularly soft voice, in which Inosuke responded by taking both Tanjiro and Aoi's food, causing Aoi to start scolding him too. This made Kanao giggle a little bit, subtly telling Aoi to calm down, and then motioned her head to Zenitsu and Y/N, who were smiling and laughing together without a care in the world.

"Aww, you two look like you're on a cute little date!" Aoi teased. Both Zenitsu and Y/N's faces exploded red, followed by hurried and rushed denial and refusal. "Aoi! Don't be ridiculous, I'm just talking with my friend over lunch, relax!" Y/N explained, though it left an unreasonably heavy feeling in her heart.

Zenitsu hastily agreed, yet he also couldn't help but feel disappointed that he really was just a friend. Though he knew Y/N enough to know that even if she did like him, she wouldn't just admit to it out loud in public, it still hurt just a little to hear. Zenitsu ignored this feeling and continued to eat his food, the casual talk between him and Y/N obstructed, and replaced with an awkward air, which was once again broken by Tanjiro yelling at Inosuke, who promptly got up and escaped from his crimes into the bathroom.

Another funny little time skip to Y/N in her room, it's now nighttime, somewhere around 10pm-1a.m.

Y/N lay awake at night, only her thoughts to occupy her. She started thinking about what had happened at school today. At the end, right before walking home. Aoi said one more comment about Y/N's supposed crush on Zenitsu. Though, the more she thought, the more it sort of made sense. Her heart always races when she's around him, more recently she's caught herself thinking about being close to him, being cared for by him, and caring for him in turn. Her face had started feeling so hot she could tell that she was blushing whenever she's around him.

And then it hit

The actual realization hit. Y/N totally had a crush on Zenitsu. All her days and months of denial, and she finally realized that Aoi and Kanao were right. Y/N covered her head with her blanket and continued her onslaught of thoughts, ultimately deciding to text Kanao about it.

Y: Kanao, I've come to a.. realization

K: and that would be?

Y: I TOTALLY LIKE ZENITSU 😭

K: oh, that realization.

Y: PLEASE DON'T TELL AOI I'LL NEVER HEAR THE END OF IT FROM HER

K: i guess i can keep it between me and you.

Y: Thank you, Kanao you're the best 🥳

Y/N already felt better now that she had told someone about her little crush on her friend. Finally being able to get something else on her mind, she fell asleep silently and peacefully.

_______________________________________________

End note: There it is. Y/N's beautifully planned realization. Gotta love how it really hit her like a truck, while Zenitsu's is more slow and evened out (I think). Again, thank you so much for reading, and leaving comments, it really boosts my writing confidence! Once more, I'm open to constructive criticism, or any ideas that you might want presented in the story, or maybe a future one shot book. Thank you for reading!