𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

((TW: Slight description of gore & abuse.))

You give William a quick hug, seeing your boyfriend, Michael, smiling widely. It had been Evan's birthday, being celebrated at their pizzeria. Michael, along with a few of his friends from school stood by the stage where the animatronics were displayed. Children running around, their joyful laughter and playing was all that was heard alongside the songs that were sung by the animatronics.

Evan comes running around the corner, a large grin plastered on his face. Michael and his friends look at him as you could see the faintest smirk behind the fox mask your boyfriend wore.

"What could he be plotting?" You thought to yourself, knowing Michael was full of surprises and you already knew he could be quite the asshole to his younger brother.

His father, William, was no where in sight. You take a look-around before focusing back to the stage, only to see Michael and his friends lifting Evan up into the air. The look of pure terror written on the little boy's face was gut wrenching as you overheard Michael talking, more like teasing rather.

"Oh come one! Evan, just give him a little kiss." He teasingly said, pushing Evan towards the mouth of the bear. You nearly laughed at the scene, nearly. Hearing the sobs escape Evan's throat made your heart ache so you decided to walk over and stop everything from escalating any further.

"Alright, Michael. That's enou-" You couldn't even finish your sentence as you heard a clenching sound, your eyes shifting from Michael to Evan. The jaws of the animatronic had locked down onto Evan's head, blood running down the boy's skull. Michael jumped back, his eyes widened from shock.

He took his mask off, looking at you then out of the blue, you heard William approaching the stage. A gasp came from the older man before he ran up to the stage, reaching out for his injured son before he turned around. His eyes locked right onto Michael, hatred lacing his stare as he took long and intimidating strides towards his eldest child.

Not wanting Michael to be hurt, you jumped in between them. Taking the punch that came from William, your cheek stinging. You caught your balance since the blow wasn't expected. You looked up, William's eyes still never left Michael, not even once. He was pissed but he walked away in a hurry, most likely calling an ambulance.

"(___), are you okay?" Michael asked, he bent down, checking the cheek that was hit. You smiled before swatting his hand away.

"I'm fine, I'm fine. We should check on Evan and his pulse." You replied, Michael nods.

ఌఌఌ

The doctor left, her words playing back into your mind over and over again.

"I'm very sorry to say this but he won't make it. For his final days, he will be in a coma. You are granted permission to visit him whenever you like but try not to disturb him or wake him. It won't do any good." You sighed, you felt terrible for not only Michael but for Evan too. You noticed, in the past few days, William was less of the caring father he once had been.

You knew he hated Michael more than ever now, hell, Michael knew that too. Elizabeth was first to go, now Evan, you sat by the boys bed. Michael sat beside you, his only facial expression showed guilt and sadness, but a hint of anger. You had guessed it was anger for himself, that is a normal reaction to a situation like this. A little plushie sat in Michael's lap, he would occasionally squeeze it when tears were about to fall.

"Michael, it's okay. You can let it out, if you want to cry, you can. I'm here." You whispered, his eyes trailing your face. His eyes were filled up to the brim with tears that wanted to fall so badly. You didn't expect him to kiss you but he did, his lips captured yours as his tears fell, staining his cheeks.

The kiss was gentle and slow, the salty taste of his tears mixed into the kiss. Your hand raised to stroke his cheek, wiping a few tears here and there. His breathing getting heavier and heavier as the kiss lasted, you pulled away. You rested your forehead against his, hearing his sobbing from guilt.

You took your forehead away to look at him fully, you glanced down to see him fiddling with the plushie. Even in this saddening mood right now, he still managed to be adorable. His fingers flicking the ears of the plushie, you get closer to him, pulling his shaking body into your arms. He tossed the plushie to the ground, wrapping his arms around your waist, pulling you to him.

His head laying on your chest as you pet his dark hair soothingly. You didn't know what to say in order to comfort him, how do you even comfort someone when it comes to this? The hoodie you wore felt damp with his hot tears, not that you cared. Your eyes looked over to Evan, his small head wrapped in soft bandages as his heart monitor beeped ever so often. The sound comforted you somehow, it reminded you that he was still alive.

"I love you so much." Michael mumbled under his breath, his voice being airy and strained from his crying. You felt his fingertips draw hearts into your waist, a flustered smile making its way on your lips.

"I love you more." You stated, earning a snort from him. The game of who loved who more was something you two always did, you always won since he gave up from your stubbornness.

ఌఌఌ