𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗼

Chapter Two: Disastrous Day

━─────╮៚╭─────━

THE TEEN PSYCHIC sat on her seat with her usual stoic look. A pen occupied her hand as she wrote on the paper. Her (e/c) eyes moved from left to write, calmly reading the details of the problem written from the sheet of exam paper. Unbothered, she purposely wrote the wrong answers in some problems. Although she was supposed to do the opposite and try her best to have a high grade in this exam but she was no ordinary student.

She will do what it takes for her to be considered an average student. Having high grades attracts the attention of people, their likability of her would increase which is something she doesn't want to happen. Despite that, Y/n Saiki is still an intelligent student even if she herself will deny her smarts. She was born to have those skills after all, but she doesn't really put them to use because of the unwanted attention that she'll gather.

The female psychic waited for some students to finish first. After 10 students had passed their papers, Y/n stood up to pass hers. There's no way she'll pass her exam answers first. Once the exam ended, students were free to go back home. Of course, that ended differently for the psychic. Her hand was on the strap of her shoulder bag as she walked quietly towards the gate.

'Now where could Saiki be?'

Y/n stopped dead on her tracks once she heard the familiar thoughts of a certain chuunibyou. The girl with antenna accessories felt her expression fall mentally. 'Good grief,' she deadpanned internally, knowing that it was that time of the day. Just when she thought she could have a peaceful life after she was in a different class from them. Her eyes spotted a certain baby blue haired female with bandaged hands accompanied by a delinquent-looking female who had a weird butt chin.

Just as she thought. Nendou Rika and Kaidou Shin, two students who claim to be her friends. Although it's not like she sees them as one, they were merely acquaintances that she was classmates with in the previous years. "Hey, pal! There you are!" The blonde haired female shouted loudly which caught a few students' attention to the Saiki's demise. Nendou ran towards her as Kaidou followed from behind.

"Let's get some ramen! The exam really drained my brain," Nendou admitted ironically as Y/n couldn't help but deadpan at her statement. 'Your brain was never full,' the female psychic blankly commented inside her mind. "Right, let's go! I feel an eerie force nearby, it must be the dark reunion!" Kaidou had a determined expression as she continued to dramatically glare on her clenched fist. 

Y/n wondered why she would always get dragged in by such a weird bunch.

Just as Kaidou finished her usual line about being 'Jet Black Wings' and this 'eerie' force surrounding the place, Saiki Y/n made eye contact with a tall man who had dark hair, passing by them nonchalantly with a blank stare. Y/n looked back to the duo, slightly irritated at the fact that someone caught her gaze as she tried to look like she didn't know Kaidou and Nendou with the embarrassing attention that they were gathering. The two's behaviour were quite bizarre after all.