Short story 1. Dead spirits

I've had a lot of scary experiences. But I really think this one is scariest..
It was October 15 and my sister was giving birth and I was babysitting her son who was 9 at the time. The second night I was there this happened..

I put my nephew to his bed in his room and the dog in his cage in my sisters room. Which I had to get passed to get to his room.
I got downstairs and go on YouTube on my computer, well. About one hour later I hear I door slam, I assume it's my nephew going to the bathroom. I then hear another slam. I assume it's just him wanting privacy, I then hear a third door slam.
I don't know how to explain it but I kinda just knew it wasn't my nephew, I'm kept hearing things moving around kinda like a dresser moving around. I then start to remember that this house is not build like a normal house back in the day. The attic is connected to the house next door, all you have to do is go up the attic and walk a little.
Then climb down the ladder.

I had to choice but to go check on my nephew.
I'm still hearing notices as I go upstairs. I hear the dog in his cage going absolutely crazy, like he was trying to get out or something. I walk half way of the stairs, then all the noises just stoppet.
I walk to his room and he's sleeping with his bedroom door opened. The is no way in hell im walking across that pitch black room.
In my mind, as long as he's safe that's all that matters.

I then walk back downstairs. As soon as I walk back downstairs I then hear footsteps running, followed by a door slam.
Well the next day I decide to tell my sister and brother in law, after i told them, what they said next to me showed me to my core.
Without any concern in the world, they told me that it was the spirit from their dead neighbor.

Now your probably thinking why didn't I call the cops already? Well I was not really thinking straight of the time.
I was just way to scared and I guess now it's a good thing that I did it..

A few weeks later, my mother had told my oldest niece that was 16 on the time.
She said that whenever she was in there, she always felt the feeling that being watched.
To this day I still don't know if I beloved it was a ghost or maybe a actual living intruder.
All I know is that I for sure wasn't well that night besides my nephew and I..
Never again will I babysit there, screw that.