Short story 4. Psycho Michael

I'm 20 years old female. And this was the last time I will very stay in a room alone with a child.
I used to babysit on the weekends when I was 15.
Most of the family's that I babysit for was nice and had sweet children.
However the smith family were the exception.
Mrs and miss smith had 2 children Micheal who was 10 and Laura who was 4.

Michael was quite and misbehaved and crazy demented.
Laura was loud, cheerful and complete opposite of her brother. She was so innocent.
I truly adore Laura.
I watched over the children over Friday nights for 3 hours while their parents where on date.
Meaning 3 awful hours of psychological, emotional and physical Tory from psycho Michael.
There was many times I caught Michael starting at me sitting at the dinner table doing homework.
I tell him to quit it but he wouldn't stop until I got out of view.
Michael was really cruel to his sister, he would push her down the stairs, rip the heads of her Barbie dolls and cut in her clothes he would also hit the cats.
One cat did actually end up dying from social injuries.
Michael would tape stuffed animals with scissors sticking out off their heads to scare the neighbors dogs.
But the worst and scariest part of babysitting was the night, when he came for me.
Let's keep in mind that I was not exposed to babysit that night but mrs and miss smith asked if I could babysit them since they both had work.
I was exposed to babysit from 5 o'clock to 10 o'clock. And it was storming outside so the television had no signal, and my cellphone didn't have any reception and Laura was staying with her grandmother which leaves me and psycho Michael all alone for 5 whole hours.

I'm glad to say that the first few hours went by really quickly.
I put Michael to sleep about 8.
Michael had fallen asleep as fast as he touched the pillow.
I laid on the couch listening to very loud music.
I starred into the ceiling, I dripped into sleep at some point only being scared to wake because of an intense pressure resting on my throat, Michael was standing over me with a wide smile with the grab of a kitchen knife on my neck, I wasn't able to ask what he was doing.
He puschen the blade harder and harder against my throat until I could feel a burning feeling.
He laughed before running to his room.
I whipped a small amount of blood on my throat.
I heard a cat scratching from upstairs.
I quickly was running around trying to find any kind of weapon, I found a baseball bat in a corner.
I ran upstairs, my hand touched the door to Michaels bedroom I pushed the door opened which I still regret until this day.
My scream off terror would drown down by his laughter.
Michael was sitting by the opened door of his closet with the body of his cat and a bloody knife.
That psycho boy chased after me while I was running downstairs attempting to slash my back open with every step he took.
Psycho Michael got close enough to hit the knife onto my shoulder.
I ran out of the front door and didn't stop until I got out off breath.
A block away from the police station.

I packed my things a few months after that, moved into a apartment with my now husband 1000 miles away from the town I grew up in.
I had to move 1000 miles away from psycho Michael to order to feel safe but even that made me feel crazier.
I attempted therapy for several of years afterwards.
I couldn't stop sleeping with the lights on because the image of him holding the dead cat.
I would see him trough my mind.
I was paranoid for months, afraid that he would jump off behind the corner.
Psycho Michael got psycho help for about 3,5 years, that's at least what I heard.
I've just realized that I don't want to have my own children and I'll never babysit again....