Short story 2. Stranger..

I think I was only 13 years old when this happened.

I was going to be paid extra since I was babysitting so many kids. I don't know how many but there where a lot, the reason why I was trusted was because I've knew them since my parents and my their parents was friends growing up. Making us kinda form into a group.
Now I was the oldest of every single kid, which was the reason I was in charge. Of course it was going to be a long night.
Known that our parents being somewhere far away and coming around about 2 in the morning.

For some background, I knew the kids and they knew me, me being the oldest 13 at the time and the youngest was being around 4.
There were definitely a bit of a age scan. The majority of the kid was around 9 to 10.

Anyway the parents left, when they did it was already around 4 in the afternoon.
About 2 and a half hours later I made dinner for them, we sat down and everyone ate their pasta.
Because all the kids were together they all knew each other. Things got pretty crazy.

I won't get exactly to details of what that went down but some of the kids  were totally wild I didn't really mind it tho.
It was pretty funny at the same time, but that was not the point.
So after a couple more hours it was getting pretty late, I recalled when it was around 11:30 when the kids where starting to sattle down.
I had to take care of some of the kids at injured themselves when doing stupid stuff that was really dangerous.
So as I said it was around 11:30 and they were starting to sattle down, and not long after they started to pass out, I brought and carried them upstairs. And put half of them two kids rooms.
Ava and Tom where the family kids in the house
Whitehall make it their house.

I wen back downstairs to listen to some music, after listening to music for a while Ava came down stairs, and this is where the things started to take a turn for the worst. I had loud music so I couldn't even hear her calling my name.
She then said in a really scared tone "something keep being thrown at the window of my room, I'm really scared"
I was a bit uneasy hearing this since this was such a weird thing happening at this time of the night.
I gave her a hug and I said that everything would be alright and I will go check it out.
The bedrooms was on the third floor, so this was especially weird as the windows were really high up.
I went to Ava's room and saw every kid sleeping, I guess no one else heard something hitting the window. I started to think that Ava was making this up or something.
I went back downstairs and I went to the couch were Ava was, I was a bit surprised to see that Ava wasn't there. This is when I hear something from downstairs.
It sounded like a muffled girl screaming for help..
I quickly ran there to see Ava in the garage then being dragged out by a big dark figure, someone had to forgot to close the garage door, so it was just opened. I was so scared and I called onto full panic mode.
I then go back inside to get a weapon or something for quick self defense. I found this spear looking thing that used for fires I picked it up then ran outside to look for Ava.
I then saw Ava and this really big dark figure.
Which was taking Ava back in the woods I then hit the dark figure on the back on the knees.
Practically stabbing the figure since it had a sharp side of it. The figure fell back and yelled of pain.
I grabbed Ava and ran back in the house. There stupidly I left the weapon outside, since I was in a panic I didn't have time to think about it.
I get back inside and close the garage door hoping that was the end of it.
I decided to not call the cops because I get really nervous when it gets to cops, so I just wanted to avoid that.
I ran upstairs but tried to not make to much noice, to se if any kids where awake, there were only 2 kids awake and one asked what was happening, I told them just to fall back asleep and there where a situation that happened.
They wanted to know what but I just told them that I'll tell them in the morning.
I really don't blame them I think I would also want to know what was happening.
Especially after all that commotion, so anyway I go back downstairs to the couch where Ava thankfully was this time.
And she falls asleep with the comfort of me being there the whole time.

Fast forward to the morning.
It's around 7:30 and commotions from upstairs the kids were up and playing, Ava woke up and was really happy to see me there, I think I really made her feel safe.
After that night me and Ava's connection was a bit different from before.
As the story is becoming better the final is about to come so get ready.
I walked downstairs to see if anything has been stolen, I checked and I didn't really see anything gone, well nothing were gone but it happens to be a paper on the inside if the garage door.
It was tapped on the door, that's not why I paid attention to it. I read it, and it only said one word "REVENGE" I was really scared seeing it because how the hell could someone had put this here?!
Then the reality hit me someone had to got in after the garage door being closed which I thought we were safe..
I haven't shared the story with Ava because I don't want her to feel more unsafe then she did....

I still had some questions left with no answers tho.
Who did this?
Why did they target this house?
Last but not least.
Why did the intruder purposely tried to take Ava out of everyone there? Why did they want her?

I know I'll probably never have my answers to that...