6 - Accepted?

A/N: I'm back-

Carol's mouth gaped open in shock as Sarv and Ruv told the rest of their roommates who they really were. Whitty didn't appear as stunned.

"To be fair, after witnessing that gang, it was quite obvious." Whitty crossed his arms.

"Sorry we didn't say anything sooner." Ruv turned so his face was hidden by the side of his ushanka.

"Wow, you really just apologized-" Sarv began.

"Shut." Ruv placed his hand on Sarv's hair and hit her with slight force.

"Ow! Hey!" Sarv protested, blushing a bit.

"Stop being overdramatic. It doesn't hurt that bad."

Hex intervened, saying "Hey guys, how about we don't fight?"

But Whitty wasn't focusing on the argument. He was in deep thought once again. Carol noticed and smirked. "What'cha thinking about?"

"Huh? Oh, it's nothing, haha." Whitty shot up and glanced at the bland wall opposite from him.

Everyone turned their attention on the bomb. "Okay fine...I was debating on whether or not we should let them stay."

"Stay!?" Ruv and Carol said in unison.

Carol scoffed. "Of course not! In reality, I felt like I was just stabbed in the back! Whitty, I thought you were smarter than this. Maybe you could actually use your brain."

Whitty gazed at his friend in confusion. "Carol, I'm a bomb."

Hex let out a tiny snicker, but kept it to himself before Carol could attack him.

"And you're also human, so you have the braincells to realize that the criminals that you scared off had to do with them!" Carol pointed at the Russian and former nun accusingly.

"You...told Carol." Ruv said. "While we were talking, no?"

Whitty sighed. "Of course you guessed correctly."

There was a moment of silence between the group. As usual, Hex spoke first.

"Alrighty...how about we vote? Should we let them stay or not?" Hex said. He didn't mind having them as roommates, but if his two best friends did, then he'd switch sides.

"We don't have to do this! I swear that we are good people!" Sarv exclaimed, worried that she and her companion will have to live on the streets for a while.

"Are you kidding me, Sarv? I'm a criminal." Ruv strained from speaking to harshly.

"When was the last time you committed a crime?" Hex asked.

"Let's see...when you first allowed us to stay."

. . .

Everyone was disorganized and stressed.

"That doesn't count! Lying is normal!" Whitty said matter-of-factly.

"Yeah, but it isn't when a bad person is using others for temporary shelter!" Ruv yelled defensively. The apartment was practically shaking after his voice rose.

"Using?" Whitty questioned in a small voice. He looked down upon him in doubt. The bomb truly felt that they would've been great friends.

"Guess it's settled then." Carol was frowning, and her attempt at remaining as cheery as Hex failed terribly.

"I hate to say this, but...you're not welcome anymore. Please leave. Now."

. . .

Sarv's pale hands wiped away the tears streaming along her cheeks as she and Ruv were walking along the sidewalk of the neighborhood.

"Honestly, couldn't Carol give us another chance? They were so friendly, and I thought that I'd be able to have more friends, Ruv."

Ruv stepped on every line that separated the sidewalk blocks. He shoved his hands in his pockets as soon as they were kicked out. He didn't have the will to speak.

"What's wrong? You seem more down than me." Sarv tried to comfort him by moving closer. On the contrary, Ruv would've preferred space.

"No, I'm not. I'm fine." Ruv muttered almost lifelessly. Sarv had enough and began to confront him bluntly.

"Listen up. You're my childhood best friend, and we can trust each other more than anything. Tell me." Sarv said, with sadness in her eyes and her hands in contact like she was praying at the church.

Inside of Ruv were negative thoughts and other forms of intrusive memories. This time, he gave in and nearly let it all out. "It's..."

The sound of footsteps approached them, increasing in volume and in speed. 

"Ruv, Sarv!" 

"Whitty?" Sarv gasped.

"What do you want." Ruv didn't bother to face the other direction. Somehow, he was too emotionally filled. Whitty stared at him with distraught. 

"I want you..." Whitty cleared his throat. "I want you to follow me. I need a word."

Sarv was suddenly distracted with other matters. I WANT YOU!??? Dam- oh, thank goodness he didn't mean it like- Sarv, calm yourself! Turns out he didn't ask your crush out!

The taller man (bc yes) forcefully grabbed the ignorant Russian's hand and dragged him away to the nearest bench.

"I never agreed to this!" Ruv struggled, yet the latter managed to keep a steady grip on him.

"At this point, I don't care if I'm manhandling a criminal." Whitty spat, causing him to wince afterwards with regret.

Ruv slipped past Whitty's force, but he didn't realize that he was vulnerable and easy to grab anywhere else other than his hands. He thought that Whitty didn't have to guts to try again, but he was wrong.

"!" Ruv let a gasp slip as Whitty wrapped his arms protectively around his waist. "Calm down, I'm sorry I was acting rude. I really didn't want to do that." Whitty lowered his voice.

Ruv was out of breath after struggling, and the fact that Whitty was practically holding him made him give up instantly. His breathing became jagged due to his fight-or-flight instinct, and he wasn't able to notice the large blush displayed brightly on his face.

The bomb noticed and flushed orange. "I-I am going to give a second chance." He said. "But first, could I hear the whole story? I'll say mine as well."

Ruv grunted and pushed aside his revealing anxiety for a moment.

"..."

"K."