First Meetings and Discussions

Dahlia's Outfit Below

'Oh god, I'm nervous. Is this what it feels like when kids meet other parents?' I think to myself as I wait for Demetri in the castle's lounge. I hear a small crack of thunder and I look up to see a small thunder cloud above my head. "Great," I mumble as I glare at the vampires around who give me weird looks. I look to a hall where I hear his voice coming from and I instantly relax to where my cloud is just gray.

I stand as Demetri and a rather tall vampire round the corner. I smile at my love as he walks up to me and greets me with a long kiss. We break apart and don't stop smiling at each other, my cloud now gone. We turn to the taller vampire who smiles at me in greeting.

"Dahlia, this is Felix, my soul brother. Felix this is Dahlia, my mate," Demetri introduces us as he wears a proud smile and moves behind me with his hands on my waist. My outfit is a simple yet elegant dress, with the bodice being black and skirt being a cream white color. My makeup is a neutral look of browns and my feet are covered with a pair of black wedges.

"It is a pleasure to finally meet you, Dahlia. When Demetri said he met his mate after all this time, I didn't believe him until now,"Felix says, taking my small delicate hand and kissing the back of it.

If I could blush I would, but I smile at him while Demetri growls. "I feel the same. Demetri has told me much about the masters and guard, though he said nothing of your near 6'9 height that truth be told, scared me at first," I reply, giving my love a sharp look at the end as Felix chuckles a little.

"Well, amore mio (my love), you wouldn't have believed me, unless you two met. But come, we can't keep Aro waiting for long," Demetri says, kissing my temple. Felix nods in agreement as we walk down the hall they came from.

As we near the throne room, I begin fiddling with my necklace until Demetri stops me, "relax mio bel fiore (my beautiful flower), everything will be alright."

I nod, as I take an unnecessary deep breath and enter the room with him. I admire all the beauty of the room and find five other vampires in the room. Three of them sitting on thrones, and two standing off to the side that I feel a motherly pull to.

My attention is pulled when, who I am guessing is Aro, speaks, "well this must be Dahlia, how wonderful it is to meet you."

Both Demetri and I nod as Aro comes over to use, "Dahlia this is Aro, Marcus, and Caius; the masters, and the twins Jane and Alec," Demetri formally introduces us, "or in other words, my family."

I see Caius nod respectfully to me and Marcus smiles fondly as he looks at our bond we share. Aro comes up to me with his hand extended for mine which I willingly give and allow him to see into my mind. After a while, he releases my hand and smiles, "I see you know a friend of ours. How is Carlisle?"

"He is well, other than hearing about you all from Demetri, Carlisle has also told me about you and how he enjoyed his time with you," I tell them, smiling as I talk about my own soul brother, "he is my soul brother and Rosalie, one of the vampire in his coven, is my soul sister."

"That is wonderful to hear. Other than meeting you, Dahlia, we did have an ulterior motive. We wanted to extend you an invatation, wondering if you'd like to join our coven? You may take some time...," Aro replies and begins to ask but I cut him off.

"Yes, I would love to join your coven. And I am sorry for interrupting you," I say with a smile on my face, as I think of my future with them all.

Aro smiles and nods in acceptance but Caius is the one to speak, "and what do you have to offer our coven?" His voice is arrogant, which fuels my anger. As Caius and I glare at each other, I half-knowingly affect the weather. The sound of thunder draws everyone's attention except mine and Demetri's.

Demetri moves in front of me cupping my cheeks and drawing my focus to him whilst everyone else stares at us curiously. "My love it is alright. You've shown Master Caius what you can offer the Volturi, now take some deep breaths for me to calm yourself," his voice calms and draws me out of my state of anger.

I take a few deep breaths and nod to him as the sky outside clears up, "I'm alright my Italian casanova." I look back to everyone and see expressions of amazement on everyone.

"I'm sorry for angering you, Ms Petrova, I assumed you were just a pretty face but I was clearly wrong," Caius tries to speak carefully but earns a hiss from the twins and a growl from Demetri.

I place a gentle kiss on Demetri's cheek, calming him, before I move over to the twins and place my hands on their cheeks, "it is fine, children." Once they stop hissing, I look back to Caius who looks surprised at what I just did with the twins. "I mean no disrespect by saying this but next time actually get to know me before assuming something that might anger me thus affecting the weather. I'd hate for there to be an unexpected snowstorm or a tusmani here in Volterra because of me."

"Of course Ms Petrova, I'm sorry and it fine with how you speak. I don't want to anger you myself," as Caius nods in agreement with me I smile at him and in thanks.

Soon Marcus speaks with a small grin growing on his face, "well I think having you a part of the coven, Dahlia, will be interesting." Aro nods in agreement with him. I smile at them before looking over to Demetri and we smile lovingly at each other.

"Well with everything covered, why don't you show Dahlia where her room is," Aro speaks up, nodding at us with smile.

"Of course master, but she'll actually be staying with me," Demetri nods to Aro in thanks, before declaring he won't be seperated from me.

"As I excpeted, we'll have some lower gauds retrive your things from your home," Marcus smiles at us happily.

We nod to him, and before I leave with Demetri, I turn to the twins, "I'd love to talk with you both later if that is fine? I'll be out in the gardens after lunch."

They smile at me and it is Jane who speaks, "we'd love that very much."

I smile at everyone as I leave with Demetri to look at my new home, and spend time with my soul children.