14-THE ENGAGEMENT

OMNISCIENT

".... Give him the job, tell everyone to treat him with respect," Zafeer raised his slender fingers as he explained to Adrian what to do.

He came to finish off some work in his office, including making Omar Hassan's life a living hell. The Crown Prince was elated that Marwa trusted him enough to tell him something as huge as that and now that she did, he wouldn't let that slide without having a little fun with her uncle's wealth.

"Okay, Sir," Adrian responded.

"Have you taken those papers to Junaid?" Zafeer asked.

One would think those papers meant nothing to him, not that they did, he was just having fun with Omar's property papers that had been transferred to his name. Currently, even Omar's house is owned by the Crown Prince. It's funny how in less than five hours, Omar Hassan lost everything, all that he owned, even his clothes.

Zafeer would take care of the man's businesses till he apologizes to everyone he has faulted, and the moment he senses Marwa feeling bad about her uncle's sudden poverty, he would return everything to Omar, double the price of his previous wealth but if he refuses to acknowledge his mistake, then all the affluence he shows off will be someone else's.

"He has registered everything in your name, Your Majesty," Adrian answered, looking intimidated by his boss's presence. He knew about Zafeer's plan, he was the one who hacked Omar's accounts and all he could do was give the Crown Prince hats off because he easily cracked the password with just one attempt. How he did do that? No one knew.

"Good! Now learn your lesson, Omar Hassan," He murmured to himself with a malicious ghost smile, not even feeling an ounce of regret for what he had done.

*

Omar Hassan had just folded the newspaper he finished reading when he heard a loud knock, thinking it was his children and their mother, he smirked triumphantly.

"Those set of folks, I know that stupid boy isn't financially stable enough to rent an apartment for them," He laughed, remembering how Fawzan ranted his heart out before telling his mother and sister to pack and they left the house.

Omar opened the door but was baffled by the sight before him. There were five police officers and three bouncers, all dressed in black along with a lawyer, their faces set in a grim expression.,

"H-how may I help you?" He gulped, suddenly feeling the urge to run to the toilet. He thought his family invited them, not knowing that the worst awaited him.

"Good morning, I believe you are Omar Hassan?" The lawyer spoke professionally.

"What is good about the morning when I am seeing police officers and these bouncers?" Umar thought in his head before deciding to reply.

"Yes, he is me," He was so nervous that he didn't even know he said that, his hands were sweaty.

"Here, a letter for you," The lawyer handed Omar a brown envelope and he read the contents, only to drop the said thing with distress and worry etched on his face, the world came crashing down and it made him unable to act up.

"You must be mistaken. Tell me, someone bribed you right? That person paid all of you to do this to me. I didn't transfer any of my property into another person's name, and that too, to someone anonymous. I did not do it!" His hands were shaking. How would he be able to live without the lavishness? Not when he finished bragging to his niece. No! That can't happen to him.