Day One

Vasati P.O.V 

The icy wind blew west when the convoy arrived from the Spring Court. Tamlin sat at the very front, leading his horse. Vasati, The Ice General, was standing just behind her High Lord, Kallias. Viviane stood next to him holding his hand. 

It was a well-known fact that the Winter Court didn't have good relations with the Spring Court. The Winter lands had been right next to Amarantha's court and had received the brunt of her forces. 

Her armies had walked straight through the cold lands to get to the Spring Court. 

Kallias might have blamed Rhysand for the death of thousands of Winter Babies, but Vasati blamed the Spring Court. Everything that happened with Amarantha started because of Tamlin's father. 

Tamlin's role in the War with Hybern had not helped Spring and Winter relations. Tamlin would have to do a great deal to fix things with Kallias. 

Vasati wasn't sure what Tamlin's plan was. Kallias didn't exactly know what he wanted from the Spring Lord. 

Money? No. Kallias didn't need Spring Court money. 

Lands? No. The Spring Court held no interesting land prospects for Kallias. 

So what could have brought this on? Vasati was eager to find out. She was high up in the High Lord's council, being his General after all. But he had been quiet about what the High Lord of Spring Court was going to do. 

The convoy finally stopped at the entrance of the Ice Castle, not named for the material used to make it but for the look of it when the sun hit it just right. 

If you went North into the mountain range known as Glayze, there was a solitary peak with a house jutting out of it. That was Kallias and Viviane's personal mountain house. 

The Ice Castle was in the capital city of Frose. 

Tamlin dismounted his horse and came to stand in front of Killias. 

"Kallias," Tamlin greeted. 

"Tamlin," Kallias said back a bit colder in tone. 

Vasati felt like something was off with Tamlin but couldn't quite put her finger on it. 

"Thank you for allowing me to come to your home and make amends," Tamlin said to Kallias inclining his head with respect. 

"We would want nothing more than peace between our two courts," Viviane said smiling at the High Lord, "you and your party have arrived just in time. We are coming up on the Winter Solstice, the celebrations are starting in a couple of days." 

"I am pleased to be spending such an important time with your court," Tamlin said as his eyes finally moved to Vasati. 

"Ahh, this is my General, I'm sure you've heard of her, Vasati," Kallias said gesturing to her. 

She stepped forward and bowed to the High Lord. She hated it. Every second of it. 

When she stood fully up again, Viviane gave her an apologetic look. She knew that she hated bowing to Tamlin. 

Kallias had told her to do it before the convoy had arrived. 

"You must be respectful to him Vasati," Kallias had said. 

"Why?" She had demanded. 

"Because we are trying to fix relations with them not make it worse," Kallias had told her, "Tamlin used to be a good person before Amarantha and all that came with that." 

That had stumped her. She had thought about it since he had said it about an hour ago. Who had Tamlin been before Amarantha? 

"Vasati, please escort the High Lord to his rooms for his stay," Kallias said.