Day Four

Vasati P.O.V 

She was in deep shit. 

Deep fucking shit that it seemed almost impossible to wrap her head around. 

A mate. Tamlin was her mate. It was laughable. He had been the ruin of so many things in the Winter Court. 

He had been the cause of so much bad in Prythian. 

Yet, he was her mate. It wasn't exactly damning information. 

Just not information she wanted to know. Or to exist at all. 

She didn't want to think about what Viviane would say with her fake happiness. Oh gods, Kallias would be the worst. He would probably be furious. 

At who, she wasn't sure. Her for being mated to Tamlin. Or Tamlin for even looking at her long enough to find out. 

Probably Tamlin. 

Vanya would be the bitchiest. 

'Lucky Vasati finally gets to leave this wretched place' Vanya would say. She had always wanted to leave but Viviane had always been the one thing holding her back. 

Vanya would never admit it but she craved Viviane's overflowing love more than Oblis. And Viviane had a welcome supply for her to kill herself over. Which is why Vanya never left. 

Viviane's love was the only love she had ever truly known. Their father dead when she was quite young and their mother's death not too long after. 

Viviane had been Vanya's mother but only because their real mother was so drugged she could barely walk from one side of the room to the next. 

Killed by the very thing Vanya was killing herself with. Oblis. 

Vanya had been the one to find Lazalla. Lying on the floor of their house, foaming at the mouth. She had screamed which had alerted the sisters standing outside talking about Vanya's schooling. 

She had gotten into yet another fight. 

The girls had run inside only to find a horror that would haunt all three girls until they died. But mostly Vanya. 

Which is why Viviane cared so much about Vanya not dying from the drug. Vasati cared too but had already fought her fight with Vanya about it. 

For decades, Vasati had fought. When Viviane was too occupied with other things, Vasati was at Vanya's house pulling her from the couch to the washroom to empty her stomach. 

She guessed it was Viviane's turn to fight their sister. Viviane just had the High Lord backing her. She won the fight. 

Vasati was just happy that someone had finally gotten some sense into Vanya. 

It was hard to talk sense into her. Which is why Vasati didn't want to tell anyone about her new mate situation. She doubted Tamlin wanted to tell anyone either. 

When she had felt the bond click into place about the same time he did, she had almost run straight out of the room. It had taken all of her control to stay stood there until he finally moved back. 

She had then told him the day's events. There wasn't much going on in the castle, except decorating. Finishing touches to get ready for the celebration. 

Then she had turned on her heel and left the rooms. Once she was in the hallway, she told the guard that she would be back to walk the Spring Lord to dinner. Then she was gone, all the way to her rooms. 

She felt like running. But she had walked. Only when she was in the privacy of her rooms did she allow herself to think about what the fuck had just happened. Then she had found herself in the training room. Working off the emotions building up.