Day Four

Continued... 

Vasati P.O.V

She had been angry at her High Lord before but never like this. He must have seen it in her eyes because he sighed.

Viviane and Vanya finally caught up to her panting like dogs. They walked further into the room to come stand to the side of Kallias's desk. 

"You're in deep shit now," Vanya said to Kallias as she bent over her knees breathing heavily. 

Viviane smacked her arm. 

"Don't speak to your High Lord that way," Viviane said. 

"I have a feeling the words about to come out of Vasati's mouth are going to be a lot worse," Vanya said. 

Vanya was probably right, but currently, Vasati was so angry she could barely come up with a word to scream at him. Where had this absurd idea come from? She highly doubted Kallias had come up with it all by himself.

Viviane had pushed him to this point. To his stupid idea that denoted her to a mere guard and not The General. She would basically be training her replacement. 

She wanted to punch something. 

"Are you going to say something?" Kallias asked. 

She just stared at him. She hated him right now. Hated that he had the power to strip the one thing she was proudest of. Hated that Viviane was still trying to make her into a lady. 

"Vasati, I know you're mad but this will be good for you. You can wear dresses and not be," Viviane said before she was cut off by Vasati. 

"You," she said flinging a finger at Viviane, "you did this. You're so obsessed with making us all exactly like you. Just like mom was. Vanya and I are never good enough for you, perfect enough for you. You are just like mom, obsessed with controlling everyone and their lives. Well, stop controlling mine. I don't want you anywhere near my life, or me. Get away from me." 

Viviane just looked at her shocked before Vasati stalked out of the office. 

"Vasati," Kallias called. 

"You stay away from me too," Vasati said over her shoulder, "I'll train your next damn General, and then you'll finally be rid of me."

"Is that what you think this is about?" Kallias asked, obviously walking out of the office to follow her, "you think I want to replace you?" 

"I'm not Viviane the Perfect. I never will be. The sooner I'm far away from her and her toxicity the better. Don't worry, I'll be gone with the Spring Court caravan," Vasati said. 

"I'm not perfect. I've never claimed to be perfect," Viviane argued. Everyone seemed to miss the last thing Vasati had said. 

"I think you've done enough Viviane," Vanya said grabbing a hold of Viviane's shoulder only to be shrugged off. 

"All you ever do is talk about how perfect everything in your life is," Vasati said her raised voice bouncing off the walls of the castle, "Have you seen this dress I had made, it is just perfect. Have you heard about what Kallias got me, he is just the perfect mate. Perfect mate, perfect dress, perfect court, perfect, perfect, perfect. The only things in your life that aren't perfect are Vanya and me. But now, you've gotten Kallias into too. Convinced him that I need to guard Tamlin day and night." 

"Lower your voice, please," Viviane said walking closer to her. 

"Why? So no one hears your not-perfect sister yelling?" Vasati yelled. 

"Vasati, that is enough," Kallias said in a stern voice. 

Vasati turned toward him. She knew there were tears in her eyes, but she didn't care. She just turned and ran down the hallway.