Day Three

Tamlin P.O.V 

He was having a nightmare. The same damn one it would seem. His mother and father were both dead. 

That's how he knew he was in a nightmare. 

"Mother," he said. 

She smiled. 

"Father," he said. 

He nodded his head, something his father used to do all the time. 

"Tamlin," his mother said. 

"How are you here?" Tamlin asked, as he always did. 

"Because you failed," his father said. 

"What?" Tamlin asked.

The reason why varied. Sometimes it was because he failed and other times it was because they missed him. 

Usually, it was because he failed.

"You failed our court," his mother said. 

"No, I didn't," he argued, although he didn't know why he argued, she was right. 

"You allowed some female to destroy our court," his father said. 

Tamlin tried to shake his head. 

"All the work your father did, you destroyed," his mother said as she took a step toward him. 

"No," Tamlin yelled as his father took a step forward.

"You are a disgrace to this family," his father said. 

"You failed me," his mother said. One step forward. 

"You failed your court," his father said. Another step forward. 

"You failed completely" they said together. Another step forward. 

Suddenly, his brothers were standing there beside his parents. 

"We should be High Lord, not you," they both said. Taking a step toward him with his parents. 

They all took another step toward him. 

"No!" Tamlin shouted again. 

"You should have died, not us," they all said together. Another step. 

Then they all had knives in their hands and were moving faster toward him. 

He threw his hands up to shield against the attack. 

Tamlin screamed as he bolted upright in the bed. He looked around for something familiar, but found nothing. 

Where was he? 

Then he remembered, The Winter Court. The Ice General. 

His parents would have hated her. His parents would hate him. His parents were also dead, so it didn't matter who they hated. 

It didn't matter if the court Tamlin's father had built had fallen by the hands of a female in less than a year. 

It didn't matter that Tamlin's reputation was destroyed because he allowed himself to feel anything. He'd allowed himself to feel love which was to be weak. 

None of that mattered now. He had allowed himself to fall for Feyre. And because of that moment of weakness, over a year of weakness, his court had been ripped apart. 

Not only his court, his people too. She had ripped apart his people. In destroying him, his people had stopped trusting him to lead them. 

The Spring Court was balancing on the edge of a very large cliff. If Tamlin didn't gain control of the situation, if he didn't regain the people's trust, he would fall off the cliff.