nao. farzi

nao. farzi

naaz tha hume humare guroor par,

humare aankhon par, jo kabhi jhuke nahi

par ek baar aapne nazakat se choo kya liya,

humare aankhein bhi aapki tarah bewafaai main rukhe nahi

_

Why do I take the abuse my mother showers on me?

I have been asked this by all who know that my mother physically and emotionally abuses me, but none of them know the answer to it because I never told anyone the reason for me being spineless in front of my mother. All they know is that Diya bears all the thrashings and scolding thrown at her because she is an idiot.

That I won't deny.

I was an idiot.

Because only an idiot could let her ex still hold so much power over her. I watched the car zoom out of the busy lanes and towards the outskirts of the city, and Ishaan keeping his focus only on the road. Many a times I have been with him, been a part of his lavish life and this was the first time I felt that I do not belong here. I was with Ishaan for over a decade, we shared everything, from our classes, to our notes, lunches and zero periods, and I always felt as an equal to him like he did. Everything that started on the school grounds, ended when we entered the real world.

School mein pata nahi chalta na, who is rich and who is not, because uniforms were all the same.

I stepped into the real world, and Ishaan showed me, who I was, and what my monetary terms were in his business life. And that is when the glass of reality shattered and the bubble which I was in, that everyone is same, burst out loud.

'Diya, you are friends with him, and I have no problem with that.' My father had told me when he had caught Ishaan leaving from my room one night, 'but ye duniya farzi hai jaan, andhar se khokli. Rich and poor can never get along, never. And while you discover this truth, I do not want you to break your heart in this process.'

And here I thought I could break this old notion and start a new world with Ishaan.

Why did I not listen to my father?

But then, he did not listen to me either and even after my pleadings, left me here in this hellhole.

Duniya farzi hai, ye toh pata chal gaya, par apne bhi farzi niklenge, ye kisine bataya hi nahi.