5

Flashback:

A cabin... old and rustic... the air stale and heavy...

Sprawled in the middle of the floor is a man. He jolts awake, gasping for air. He bolts upright, eyes darting wildly around the cabin, breaths coming out in uneven pants.

"Where am... Why do I..." The man panics looking around him wildly.

A figure emerges from the shadows, and reaches out, placing a hand on Louis' shoulder.

"I assume you have questions," The unknown man says.

Louis winces and jerks away, rubbing at his temples with a frown.

"My apologies. I didn't mean to startle you," The man says.

"W-What is... what is the matter with me? Everything is... I feel different. Like I am... like I am seeing the world for the first time," Louis says desperately trying to understand what was happening.

"In a way, my friend, you are. You have gone through a transformation," The man smirk devilishly.

"A transformation?" Louis asks confused about what the man was saying.

"It left you rather incapacitated, so I took it upon myself to bring you back."

"And who the devil are you?" Louis asks.

With a grin, the man takes a step back. He waves his hand in front of himself and gives a showy bow, "Gaius Augustine. At your service."

"I am-"

"I know who you are, Louis Tomlinson," The man who has made himself known as Gaius says before Louis could introduce himself.

Louis tears his gaze from Gaius to look around the cabin, his brow furrowed in confusion.

"Wait. Where... Where are.."

Louis breaks off, eyes going wide as a memory strikes him. He collapses, his body shaking with sobs.

"Oh no... merciful God... How... How could this happen..." Louis says desperately.

Gaius watches him, expression unreadable. He merely tilts his head slightly to the side. As Louis' sobs dissipate, he sits up straighter and swallows. He licks his lips and looks across the room.

"I... need something to drink," Louis says looking around.

"More than you know," Gaius smirks.

Louis gets up and crosses the room in the blink of an eye. He stumbles straight into the kitchen table, which screeches against the wooden floor. Louis stares at the table, then shakes his head.

Louis snatches the pitcher and a cup from the center of the table, and pours himself a glass of water.

"Regretfully, I suspect that water will not suffice."

Louis ignores Gaius and drinks down the entire cup of water. When he's through, he scowls and pours himself another.

"What did I tell you?" Gaius smirks.

Louis clenches his hand around the cup, and it shatters in his grip, water and glass cascading to the ground.

"Careful now, friend. We would not want you to destroy any more valuables with that newfound strength of yours," Gaius says.

Louis whirls on Gaius, eyes blazing with fury, "You... What have you done to me?"

"Whatever are you talking about?" Gaius dares to ask smirking.