The tile slides open, and Louis emerges.

"It's done. If we're lucky, he'll be newly reborn as a vampire," Louis says.

"And if we're unlucky?"

"We'll deal with that when the time comes," Louis frowns.

Harry and Louis get back into the elevator and pushes the button for Louis' office. Louis gazes at the wall, his expression hard, worried.

"Louis, I can't...thank you enough," Harry frowns.

"Don't. It was... the right thing to do," Louis reassures.

"I know, but still. Turning someone is a pretty big deal," Harry says.

"Yes. And we'll soon see just how big..."

"You'll probably have to deal with the Council, huh?" Harry asks sadly.

"Oh yes. Turning him when I have no openings in my Clan is a major breach of the pact. I'll have to plead for an exception. Grant him my next open slot, in essence," Louis says.

"But... we can do that?" Harry asks.

"They may not approve it. And if they do, well, I'll have to have a very difficult conversation with Eleanor," Louis says.

"Eleanor?" Harry asks confused.

"Yes. She wants to become a vampire. She's hoping that I'll use my petition on her," Louis explains.

"And why haven't you?" Harry asks.

"Eleanor is a loyal employee and a friend but... I'm not convinced she has the restraint necessary for my Clan," Louis says.

"Oh... I see..." Harry says slowly.

Louis sighs and pulls out his phone.

"Are you calling her? Isn't she going to be upstairs?" Harry asks.

"No. I'm calling someone for advice. Liam Payne."

"The CEO of that financial company? Why him?" Harry questions.

"Liam is... probably my closest friend. His counsel is always welcome," Liam says.

They return to Louis' office and Harry waits nervously at his desk. Ten minutes later, the elevator opens, and Liam storms in.

"Hi! I, uh, can sh-"

"Not now, mortal," Liam says angrily.

He sweeps by Harry and rushes into Louis' office. Harry can hear the sounds of a heated conversation.

After a few minutes, their voices rise to a high pitch, ringing clearly through the empty lobby.

"Have you lost all sense, Louis?" Liam asks angrily.

"I'm the reason he's in the mess in the first place, Liam. I owe him this much," Louis replies just as angrily.

"Who cares about some mewling mortal?" Liam asks, "Your standing on the Council is already on thin ice, and now you're Turning humans without approval?"

"What was I going to do? Let him die?"

Louis comes storming out of his office, Liam on his heels. Harry realizes he's been leaning towards the door and sits up straight as he sees them.

"I called you for counsel, not criticism," Louis says angrily.

"Oh, my counsel is criticism. You're making a huge mistake."

"Um, Liam? Actually... I was the one who asked Louis to save Niall..." Harry speaks up.

"Harry, don't. Please," Louis says.