Chapter Forty-Five

Huang Zhangwei left the tent later that day but was still visibly waiting for Xu Liang outside. Xu Liang was helpless and let him do whatever pleases him.

Yet Huang Zhangwei underestimates Xu Liang's work, he never thought that Xu Liang would left the place when the moon was already out and hanging brightly at the dark sky.

"Are you done?" Huang Zhangwei asked while wiping the sweat dripping as it sparks when reflected by the moonlight.

Xu Liang nodded as a response and take a hold on the hand that was wiping off his sweat, leading the way towards Huang Zhangwei's tent.

No one talked as the two people walk their way until Xu Liang noticed that Huang Zhangwei's mood wasn't right, his eyebrows were tightly knitted so Xu Liang halted and dragged Huang Zhangwei to an unknown road.

Huang Zhangwei hadn't noticed that he was dragged by Xu Liang to a different direction until a few fireflies landed on his shoulders and the dim road that seemed endless became visible before his two eyes.

When he looked at Xu Liang, he found that the other was also looking at him, waiting for his attention to land on him before releasing the fireflies that he silently caught with his two hands.

"Where is this? Why didn't I know about this place until now?" Huang Zhangwei curiously asked

"'Cause you've been in your tent day and night" Xu Liang sarcastically replied

Hearing Xu Liang's response made Huang Zhangwei's eyebrows raised upwards. Xu Liang only laugh at Huang Zhangwei's reaction and slightly tiptoed to give the other person a kiss

"Just kidding, You're too serious ah! I discovered this place when I was out looking for herbs that might possibly help while waiting for the supplies to arrived at the camp"

Xu Liang came closer and gently touched Huang Zhangwei's eyebrows

"You've been frowning all day long, might as well help this ease your worries for a little while. You know, I became a frequent visitor here when you were still in a comma-" Xu Liang wasn't able to finish to what he was about to say when Huang Zhangwei suddenly hugged him tight

Xu Liang was caught of guard and could only helplessly hugged Huang Zhangwei back.

"It's fine, all that matters is you're awake now and here with me to share this moment with you" Xu Liang comfortingly said as he kept on gently patting Huang Zhangwei's back 'til he calmed down.

Huang Zhangwei found a place to sit on after he calmed down but with only a small clean space to sit on, Huang Zhangwei pat his own lap, indicating for Xu Liang to sit on Huang Zhangwei's lap.

When Xu Liang saw this, he raised his eyebrow and was about to rebuked but before he could do so his hand was grabbed by Huang Zhangwei. He was forced to sit on Huang Zhangwei's lap just as what Huang Zhangwei wished.

"There was nothing to be shy about when we're the only ones are here" Huang Zhangwei then whispered near Xu Liang's ear as he leaned closer to wrapped his arms around Xu Liang's waist

Xu Liang hooked his arms around Huang Zhangwei's neck to secure himself and teasingly asked,

"What if one of your soldiers see you getting intimate with a physician? What would the DingXiang Wang Ye do? Aren't you afraid of what will your reputation be on the next day?"

"I would gladly tell whoever that soldier is that this physician is my very own YuanJun Wang Fei" Huang Zhangwei confidently said as he raised Xu Liang's chin upwards.

Both eyes met, reflecting each other's shadow under the moonlight as the fireflies freely flew everywhere.

Side Note:

Happy New Year guys!

Sorry if i took so long to post an update, I was supposed to comeback during the holidays but something terrible happened. A typhoon landed on the place I'm in which caused us on having no electricity, no internet and limited signal. Though I make a few draft on my notebook but I still have to transfer it on my laptop and some of it needs to be revised so I apologize for the delay on posting some updates.

Ps. I just hope our electricity and internet will get back as soon as possible. It's already been a month since then. Pray for me guys hehe.