Prologue

I was about to step into the car when my older brother grabbed my arm gently.

"Where's the toy dad gave you?" He asked, pointing out the missing plush.

"What?" I looked around, feeling my face heat up as tears welled up in my eyes. "Mom!" I cried as I pulled on her sleeve.

"Calm down, Cade, it's got so many stains no one would have taken it, go inside and look for it," She patted my head. "I'm sure a security guard will have found and placed it in the lost and found."

I sniffed and wiped away my tears, "Can you come with me?"

"No," She started but was interrupted by my brother.

"I'll go with him," He started to climb out of the car.

"No you will not, he can do it himself, he needs to get over this fear of talking to people," I felt my face begin to heat up again but I took in a sharp breath in an attempt to keep the tears at bay. "We'll wait for you here, Cade."

"What do I say?"

"Tell them you had a toy that you lost and you want it back," My mom rolled her eyes as my brother instructed me on what to say.

I walked onto the sidewalk in front of the mall. I glanced back before noticing one of the automatic doors opening for me. I walked inside, instinctively crossing my arms. As soon as I walked in, a woman with blonde hair noticed me.

"-id, Hey! You're not supposed to be in here!" She scolded.

"Uhm," I stammered, wishing I had my plush. "I- I had a toy that my dad gave me and I wanted- is it in the lost and found?"

"What did it look like?" The woman sighed, motioning me to follow her.

"Uh," I started.

"Quickly, we don't have all night," She rushed, checking her watch.

"I-it's a plushie bonnie, really old, light blue," I tried explaining.

"Oh yeah, I found it a bit ago in Monty's golf, it was weird to find such an old toy, not very many exist anymore," She muttered as she opened a door and told me to wait outside the room.

It felt like she was in there for an hour but it was probably only a few seconds when she emerged with my bonnie plush. I gasped and took it from her, hugging it gently. Suddenly, there was a mechanical yell and a siren sound in the opposite direction of the doors.

"Alright, kid, run to the exit as fast as you can," The security guard instructed. "Now, now!"

I backed away, turning around and doing as she said. I glanced back to see her running in the opposite direction, where the sound came from. When I looked back towards the entrance, I noticed chica standing near it, but she didn't have a kind posture like before. I paused, stopping for a moment. I proceeded a little slower than before. She looked tired, so I didn't think I should bother her. She glanced at me, seemed to do some sort of processing I was there before minding her own business again.

"Gregory," She cooed, looking around more. "I have candy!"

I was almost to the security panels between the doors when a metal shutter crashes down, blocking my way out. I stared at it for a moment before squeezing my plush as fear burst through my body. My face became hot as tears leaked down my face as I frantically looked around to the other doors. All of them were blocked.

I screamed when metal arms lifted me into the air. A security bot stared at me for a moment.

"Scanning," It spoke robotically. "Match found."

It put me down and roamed away. I felt myself hyperventilating as I watched it leave. I looked around, hoping to find the blonde security guard again for help. I couldn't see her anywhere nearby.

"Gregory~!" Chica cooed, her slow, heavy steps creeping me out. "Your parents are looking for you!"

I took a deep breath, trying to wipe away my slower tears. Maybe Chica has a phone? I made my way towards her and tapped her thigh to gain her attention. She looked towards me with a sudden movement and hissed.

"Gregory!" She realized it wasn't the Gregory fella and looked down at me.

I squeezed my plush, tears streaming down my face again. She crouched and I took a step back.

"Hey," She stared at me for a moment before speaking again. "Cade, what are you doing here after hours?"

"I," I sputtered through my tears, taking sharp breaths, "I, the doors are blocked, and, and my mom and brother are outside waiting for me, so- I, so do you have a phone?"

"It's alright," She patted my head like how my mom did and gently took my hand. "Let's go get Vanessa and we can help you get home, okay?"

"Okay," I muttered, following her as she walked down a hallway with me.

"NO, no, no, NO! Why would you do that?! I told you to keep the lights ON! ON!" A robotic voice screamed from behind a door, far off somewhere.

I held Chica's hand tighter, walking closer by her. I saw a tall, hunched, shadow ahead of us and stopped. Chica looked at me, stopping as well.

"Who is that?" I asked timidly.

Chica looked ahead, "Oh, that is Roxanne!" She exclaimed.

"I bet I'm your favorite..." A female voice, rougher than chica's, murmured as she stepped into a lighter area.

"Let's continue, okay?" Chica asked reassuringly.

Soon, we arrived at an office with no one there.

"Oh no," She gasped, "Maybe Vanessa is somewhere else. The only other person with access to a telephone is the daycare attendant. How about we go there?"

"Is he nice?" I whimpered, feeling anxiety stroll its miserable little legs through my vulnerable little mind.

"Yes!" She smiled.

As soon as we reached the daycare area, I recognized the voice of the person who didn't want lights to be off exclaim something.

"Security alert! Security alert! Wee woo wee woo!" The voice exclaimed.

Chica suddenly let go of my hand and ran onward. I froze as a large alligator, Monty, ran by as well. I couldn't stop the sob from escaping my throat as fast, heavy footsteps started to approach me. They stopped when the person or thing saw me.