Epilogue

"And that's what happened," I finished my recounting to the man next to me, who had a notebook.

He nodded and placed the notebook into his coat pocket. He stood from the chair that was by my bed. I listened tiredly to the rhythmic beeping sound telling me I was alive. My mom, in the corner of the room, cried multiple times as I had told the story. I glanced around for my bonnie plush, already knowing it wouldn't be there. I think someone took it after I got in the hospital. I hate hospitals.

"His story matched the camera footage from the plush," The man mumbled to my mom.

I dont think I was meant to hear the statement, but I did. I didn't know what it meant though.

The white walls and bright light made it difficult to close my eyes, so instead, I looked around the room. My mom and the man left the room. I had a nightstand with purple flowers and a tray of food I hadn't eaten. I didn't feel like it. My stomach hurt. Mom said that the doctors said I would be fine after a lot of rest, but right now I didn't feel fine. I carefully sat up, picking up the chocolate pudding from the tray and opening it. I also took the spoon and began eating it.

"...we can't do much about it now because the mall was burned down, supposedly by the other child in the video. We plan to ask around about the kid too — see if we can find the family if he had one. But you can press charges on Fazbear Entertainment," I heard the man's voice enter earshot as my mom slightly opened the door as if she were to come in.

"Yes..." She continued but her voice was muffled as she closed the door again to continue talking.

"Mom?" I mumbled from my pillow.

"Hm?" My mother responded, glancing up at me from the chair by my bed the man with a notebook was once in.

"I dont ever want to go back there again," I muttered, voice cracking as I tried to hold back tears.

"You won't ever need to, baby," She replied quietly, pushing my hair back from my forehead and leaning forward to kiss it, then keeping her chin against my head. "You won't ever need to."

"Where is Bonnie? I," I stammered. "Daddy said something through him and I want to hear him again."

My mom pulled back and searched through a bag on the floor.

"He's more damaged than he was before you entered the Pizza Plex, but we washed him," She informed me.

I felt around his arm until I felt the button again. I pressed it and my dad's voice rang out of it. My mom listened to the message with me and at some point my older siblings entered the room too, sitting on the other side of my bed than my mom.

"I'll be watching over you from heaven, okay? I'll make sure you're safe," He cooed. "You're the kindest, purest boy I've ever met. If you keep that up, you'll end up with a happy life. Cade, remember when I told you about the time Bonnie saved me? I hope this bonnie will be something of a beacon of hope for you. To help you through your toughest trials in your future. Don't forget to visit my grave, okay? I love you, Kid. I know you'll make it through this nightmare of a world."

"I did it, Mom," I smiled at her. "I made it through the hard times."

She smiled, "You sure did, honey, hopefully, that was the worst of it for your life, my love."

I frowned, "There's more?"

"Unless you die," My brother shrugged.

My sister made a 'PFF' sound before covering her mouth and looking away.

"Hey! Do not put that in his head," Mom scolded him before turning to me again, "Yes, but considering how difficult that was, I dont think anything in the future will be too bad that you won't be able to handle it. And if it is, I'll be here to help you," She kissed the back of my hand.

Comfortable silence filled the room. I could hear the birds in the distance out the window. Yawning, I rolled over and soon fell asleep. I had a nightmare that night and many, many, many, many nights after that. Anybody who experienced what I experienced without nightmares probably went crazy. Ahem, not to point any fingers, but Gregory did burn down the Pizza Plex, so...