8

🧸
[Reloading file...]

As soon as Vanny left, Moon's agitation vacated him. He took a few moments to compose himself until he noticed there was one child too few. He instantly started searching the playground, muttering things like 'Naughty boy,' and 'it's past your bedtime,' and once a glitchy 'Please be okay.' When he couldn't find any children, he stood in the center of the room, looking around, almost panicked.

"g⃨o⃦l⃥𝕕e⃦n⃨ b⃤o⃥y⃦?" He mumbled glitchily.

[Golden boy?]

Moon climbed onto the cage of the daycare, looking around from its roof. He jumped from it and into the ball pit soon after.

Moon lifted a limp body out of the ball pit with his good arm and walked back to the sleeping bag. He tucked the child into the sleeping bag gently. He stared at him for a few moments. Cade's breathing was uncharacteristically shallow and his face was red. Moon lifted his shirt to find a large, quickly bruising area, taking up almost the whole stomach. Moon stared at it for a while, before putting the shirt back down and quickly leaving the room.

🧸

When I woke up, Sun was sitting by me and I was back in the sleeping bag. I winced when I tried to move and I felt tears well up in my eyes.

"S-Sun," I muttered pitifully. "My tummy hurts really bad."

"I know," Sun whispered. "I tried to help what I could, it'll take some time to stop hurting. When you get out of here you need to go to the hospital. You have less than one hour left."

I turned my head to look up at the ceiling. I felt my tears drip from my eyes down my ears.

"I don't want to go to the hospital," I whispered, the mucus in my mouth making my saliva sticky and making my voice sound worse and feel uncomfortable.

"I'm sorry," Sun ran his fingers through my hair. "I wish I could have helped you."

"If I sleep, will you take me to my mom when the doors open?" I asked. "I'm really tired..."

"It's currently 5:17, I can call the nice security lady to come to take you to the entrance to wait for 6." Sun offered.

"But then she might leave me, and then," I cut myself off with a sharp breath, trying to hold back my tears. "And then Chica will get me..."

"How old are you, friend?" Sun asked.

"Nine," I whispered, tilting my head up to look at him.

"You're a very brave nine-year-old," Sun cooed. "This is a lot and so far you've done so good," Sun's voice glitched as he spoke. "You'll get through this, just remember, your mom and your brother are waiting right outside the doors of the plex. You have to make it out for them, okay?"

I sniffed, sobbing a little, "Okay," I nodded.

Sun called Vanessa but she didn't pick up multiple times. So, I had to sneak out of the daycare myself. I was sore all over and my body was shaking a lot but Sun said I had to do it. I hugged Sun tightly before picking up Bonnie and sneaking out the door. I looked every-which-way to make sure neither Roxy nor Chica were around. I snuck along the walls of the mall.

A bot suddenly scared me as I rounded a corner but it didn't do anything but offer a map, which I took. Though, the map was confusing for me. I continued down a balcony hall until I saw Roxy, hunched over and sobbing. Based on how Chica reacted to me, I doubted Roxy would be any better. I ran up to the nearest door and tried to get through it. I entered an elevator, unsure if it would get me any closer to my destination but I didn't want to meet Roxy.

The doors opened to a large golden statue of the main four animatronics singing and playing their instruments. I snuck inside. I remembered Gregory told me never to go up here when we were looking for the robot head and he came up here without me. Doesn't matter now, I'm already here.

I looked around in the dark, there were a few security bots and there were some bright, neon lights in another room. I walked to the large entrance to see a giant version of the spider animatronic I saw in the vent. I gaped at him as he played music like a DJ and moved one of his hands to the beat.

I stepped a little closer and onto the dance floor when he didn't notice me. I saw his head tilt in my direction but that's all he did. I took in a sharp breath and speed-walked out of that room. Finding the arcade area, I looked around for a while.

Maybe ten minutes passed before I looked into one of the large tunnels and saw his face. Sitting inside was the DJ, watching me. He was far enough that I could barely make him out in the darkness and that made it all the more terrifying. I slapped my hands over my mouth as he started moving closer. I sobbed and started running in the opposite direction. I found a smaller tunnel and crawled into it. He looked around, seeming to have lost me. I held onto Bonnie tighter. Hearing something behind me, I turned around and saw the mini version and instantly jumped out of the tunnel. I swerved in between arcade machines and I almost fell off the balcony but a giant hand was placed in front of the gap in the banister and caught me. I coughed up something dark when I ran into his hand and my stomach started aching again. I gasped as the DJ lifted me high. If I tried to run away, I'd fall and die, so I didn't. I started hyperventilating as he started moving into a tunnel with me.

He took me to the DJ stand, where he placed me in between the buttons. I curled in on myself and the DJ faded the song out and faded in a calmer one. He placed a finger on my back and started rubbing it in a calming manner. I looked up at him and he stared down at me pitifully. I uncurled but continued to hold Bonnie tight.

"Where are your parents?" He asked.

His voice was quiet, a whisper, but he was probably doing that to not scare me. It was also in between deep and high and sounded tuned. Like an instrument but it's his voice.

"My mom is in the parking lot outside," I expressed.

"You should go to the main entrance, at 6 AM the doors unlock," He replied.

"I know," I muttered. "What time is it now?"

"5:49 AM."

"Then I should go," I stood.

"Allow me," The DJ lifted me gently and placed me on the dance floor. "Have a cool day."

"Thank you, goodbye!" I called as I ran over to the elevator I entered through.