RD|3 - Scouting

The next day,

The next day,

          Running to the bus stop all over again, Aminatu cursed as the rain started to pour down. "It's cold mommy." Ameri whined as Aminatu wrapped her arms around her as securely as she can to try and keep her from getting wet.

"I know mama." It was going on five thirty in the afternoon which means that she had thirty minutes until she clocked into her next job where she was a janitor at a family owned company.

Since it was December, the weather was being bipolar where it would rain one minute and snow the next and not having a car made her scared with having to get to work on time or even at all seeing as it could easily be delayed or canceled.

Swiping her bus pass when she got on the bus, Aminatu walked over to the section that was dedicated for mothers and placed Ameri on her lap before giving her an apple juice box. Pressing the button next to the window for her stop that was coming up, Aminatu waited until the bus had come to a complete stop before lifting Ameri on her hip. "Thank you." She told the bus driver and walked towards the building that had looked deserted seeing as most of the employees leave at four thirty.

Clocking in, Aminatu placed Ameri on the floor and grabbed her hand as she walked over to the heater to turn it on. Seeing all the lights off, she knew that the workers had left for the day which meant that Ameri would be safe in one of the conference rooms.

"Do you feel better now?" Aminatu asked Ameri who nodded.

Scrunching her little face, "Can I watch Blues Clues now?"

Aminatu nodded at Ameri and looked around the conference room to make sure that no one was inside. "You can't have it too loud and don't forget that you can't make any noise okay? Remember, you can't leave this spot."

"I got it." Ameri cheesed as she stuffed her face with the Cheetos chips that her mother had open for her on the table.

"Eskimo?" Aminatu questioned and watched as Ameri lifted up her face so they could rub their noses together. "Be back soon mama." She smiled and grabbed her cleaning supplies before making her rounds to each office. "God send me an angel from the heavens above, Send me an angel to heal my broken heart from being in love, 'Cause all I do is cry (Is cry), God send me an angel to wipe the tears from my eyes." She sung Amanda Perez - Angel as she turned a corner to clean an office.

          Sitting in his office, Omari bit into his Philly cheesesteak sandwich and groaned in satisfaction. He had sent all of his employees home and told the janitors to stay home as well seeing as there was an expecting snow storm that he was supposed to hit around seven tonight.

He knew that he should've been home as well but looking at the files scattered on his desk, he couldn't seem to move and was glad for the little break that he was allowing himself to have.