𝐭𝐰𝐨

the fog was dense, and heavy. the only thing i could see was the lights of the air carrier. the new shipments of shimmer had come in, and father said it was about time we did a real job. 

father trusted both jinx and i the most, along with his goonie. sevika. 

she has chosen to stay our of this one, claiming she had other "important" things to do. no-one ever pried, or even dared to ask what she did when she wasn't at the club or doing the infiltrations and drug runs. 

the cool wind nipped a my ears, making me want to put down my hair to cover them from the cold. my jacket hung loosely on my frame, some of the air going up my sleeves. 

jinx maneuvered to the edge of our small carrier, leaning into the fog to catch a better glimpse of the shipment. she fidgeted anxiously, ready to get in action. 

i put my hand up and signaled for the first decoys to advance. they moved swiftly, jumping on to the shipment air carrier with force. 

hits and blows echoed throughout the fog, a few bullets ricocheting off the metal exterior of our air carrier. 

i moved my first finger and middle finger in two circular rotations. jinx threw i one of her monkey gas bombs, making it harder to see inside, a perfect way to hide ourselves. 

i perched up beside her on the railing  and nodded to her, the signal. her eyes lit up as we both descended into the air carrier. 

once my feet hit the floor, i was ready to move. i ducked as a fist came fast to my face, almost connecting. turning, my leg swept underneath theirs, making them fall hard to the ground, their head whipping against the wooden flooring. a sure way to get whip lash. 

i rolled on top of them, my left foot and right hand pinning their shoulders down.

he looked young, about 14 or 13 at the least. my heart ached as i my fist hovered above his face. he was just a kid. i couldn't kill a kid. 

i felt the fear radiating from his shaking body. i felt his bones beneath my hand and foot, how easy it was to break such brittle bones. 

i quickly put my finger over my mouth, a sign for him to keep quiet. 

using his head, i pushed myself up, pulling my gun out of the back of my pants. my fingers caressed the handle, the sweat of my hands making my fingers easily slide over the trigger.

he put his hands in front of his face, as if by doing that it would some how stop the bullet. we both knew i wouldn't work, that that bullet could go past both his hands and his head. that it would kill him faster than anything. 

i aimed beside his head, a small hole left as the bullet went past the floor and went into the hull. he shook violently, but caught on to what i was trying to do. he had to fake his death. 

as i twisted around, i found jinx in the mass of the violent fight. she was frozen, as if in shock, staring at a pink-haired teen, her face twisted with betrayal and sadness. a glint of rage glared in her eyes. she blinked, as if she had pulled herself out of a trance, the pulled her gun up to meet the teens face. 

blood came out of the other end if his head as she shot him in between the eyes, his body slumping. 

i watched her turn to find me in the crowd, but as i watched, i saw how vicious and murderous all this was. i didn't have to live this life. 

i looked down and saw the hatch to the inside of the carrier, and quickly, before jinx could see me, i snaked inside, clipping my ankle and braking the ladder all together.

i fell into the inside of the carrier, a sting dimmed by the rush of adrenaline surged through my left leg. 

this was my chance. a chance to escape.