𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

footsteps from above made the dirt from the wood fall onto me in thick layers, making my nose tickle with the warning of a sneeze.

i covered my nose, hoping to not make a sound. to not alert anyone to my presence. a creak resonated throughout the wooden cabin.

light entered, piercing and bright. it beamed straight beside me, and i scurried away from it.

my ankle ached faintly, making it slower to move it. it dragged across the floor, the metal clips of my boots scratching the wood. i grimaced at the sound.

the latches opened, and a large beam of light fell on me like a spotlight, leaving me like a deer in head lights. my chest constricted tightly as a person descended, slipping on the broken ladder and letting out a soft grunt as they fell. 

"goodness..." they whispered, slightly incoherent. the voice was feminine, a small twinge of an accent. 

she was tall, thin and held herself up with a small bit of confidence. her blueish black hair shined as a thin strip of light peaked through the roof of the cabin. the fog had cleared up at least. 

she moved closer, examining the cabin with pure curiosity. she held her flashlight tightly to her, holding it as if it was a weapon. it was hard to ignore the shaking beam as it shone in my face. the flashlight making my skin warm. 

 "who are you?" i asked, moving my hand to cover my eyes. though this only made her move back. 

"i could ask you the same thing," she said, as i moved myself up on the wall. i chuckled, examining her. she was a low rank from the looks of her uniform, she was most likely from a rich family that never knew the struggles of living the life of pure filth. 

"yes, i know that," i responded airly, using my left arm to cover my eyes and my right to push myself up higher against the wall. "but you don't have a gun, cupcake."

- - - - -

oh my goodness guys, i'm so sorry for the delayed post. i had A LOT of assignments due and i literally just got so distracted and then got burned out, i was still trying to respond to some comments, but i'm sorry for taking so long.