𝘀𝗶𝘅

the resemblance was uncanny, the only thing that separated jinx from vi was the hair and vi's large, muscular build. she was shorter than caitlyn and relatively taller than me. 

we stared at one another for a while, only breaking away from each other's gaze when caitlyn let out an airy cough. vi's left eyebrow raised as she examined us. she crossed her arms with superiority, as if she wasn't in jail at all. 

"who are you guys?" she asked, her eyes flashing between both of us. her gaze rested on me, a small smirk appearing on her jagged mouth . i noticed a few decently sized scars that jagged across her already-bruised skin. in this moment, i missed jinx more than anything. 

i shifted the thick hair off of the sweaty nape of my neck, the stiff and hot underground prison doing little to help me cool down. i watched vi shift momentarily, finding it odd my sister and her looked so much alike, though i knew they were of kin. 

i scoffed at her, mostly because her play at the art of "seduction" wasn't really getting to me as much as it did caitlyn. once she could tell she had at least one of us wrapped around her finger, the more she continued making the googly eyes. i knew how it worked in the undercity, the trickery and deceitfulness to survive another day. 

my initial shock of the look-alike sister eventually wore off, which helped me see her a little more clearly for what she was. an undercity rat. i could see the stiffness in her shoulders, mostly ready for a fight, and the way her breathe was more calculated, her eyes also searching for any hole in our defenses. 

caitlyn coughed, mostly from the dank corridor, but also to gain our attention. this made me realize that we had been staring at each other for quite some time. "we have a proposition for you, violet..." she half-whispered. i could tell she's never been this close to a criminal. 

vi half-shocked, half-skeptical raised her chin at us. inticing us to go on. "we'd like to free you...."

"if you are willing to work for us." 

_____________

if any of you have read my preference book, you would know why i haven't been on for quite a while, sorry it took me so long to write the next bits of this. it's been sitting half-done in my drafts for about a year now lol. it's been so long since i've been really involved in the arcane fandom that i've forgotten half of the plot of the show, so sorry if i go off track a little bit. i'll try and at least finish this book for you guys, mostly because i remember how excited i was to start this. i'll try and continue it for you guys, because i know how much some of you may have liked it. if you're wondering why i've been gone for so long, go check out my preference book!

also thank you guys so much for the reads and stars, i love you guys so much. seeing all of it really made me motivated to start writing again, which i haven't done since my last chapter on this book. again, love!!!