Overprotective Dogs

Ash

Cress looks panicked like she doesn't know what to do. I am still standing there in shock, unable to move. Cress is a werewolf? Was she always a werewolf? I have heard of humans being turned into werewolves on rare occasions but it only works if they have the mutated Jean that hasn't been activated yet. Normally, a bite from a werewolf would kill a human, slow and painfully. Did Cress recently get turned? That would explain the strange behaviour I guess...

I am pulled from my thoughts when Cress speaks, "How do you know?"

"That doesn't matter right now! Was this a recent thing? What happened?"

She looks down and I see a few tears drop from her eyes at the memory. I make my way towards her but she looks up at me in fear, pleading with me silently to stay back. I stop walking for a moment so she can get her words together to tell me her story.

"A.." her voice sounds weak and she clears her throat, "About a month ago, I was headed to an interview for a local job at Penguin Publisher's."

I nod, she has been wanting to get a job at that publishing company for a while now. The fact that she got an interview is amazing.

"I never made it to the interview," she states sadly. "I was attacked in the woods by..." she trails off. Probably thinking she sounds crazy.

"By a werewolf." I finish her sentence, telling her that I believe her.

She looks up at me and nods, "It grabbed my leg in his mouth and dragged me into the forest, away from the sidewalk. I managed to grab a stick and jab it in its eye really good. It growled in pain and ran off, leaving me on the forest floor. I managed to grab out my phone and call the ambulance who took me to the hospital. I was discharged not long after."

She then goes on to explain how she got home and felt a burning from her wound. She unwrapped it to see it was healing rapidly before her eyes. That was the night of a full moon when a turned werewolf would be forced to shift for the first time. That is where the common misconception comes from I think. She explains the great pain she was in and how when she woke up, she was a wolf. She thought she was crazy and then when she came to accept what happened, she stayed out at an old rundown factory at night incase it happened again.

"The next full moon is tonight and I am terrified. I will be forced to turn into that...thing again."

"Cress, calm down," I tell her when I notice her getting nervous and her eyes glow a bright blue colour. "You won't be forced to shift ever again, okay. Unless you let your emotions get the best of you, you will be able shift when you want," I try my best to explain.

"How do you know that? Are you a werewolf too?" I see hope in her eyes.

"No," the hope dissipates, "But I have been travelling around to packs of werewolves for the past year and a half helping out so I have picked up a few things. Do you have your wolf talking to you? Why hasn't she told you this?" I wonder aloud.

"Who? I don't know what you mean."

She is blocking her wolf without knowing it, "I want you to close your eyes and open yourself to your wolf side. It is a part of you now and you need to accept it. Your wolf will help you through this all."

I can see her hesitate before doing as I asked. A few second pass before her eyes open wide and she looks around the room wildly.

"What was that?" She asks.

"That would be your wolf. Let her introduce herself to you."

Cress gets this dazed look that all werewolves get while mind-linking or in this case, speaking to their inner wolf. A smile breaks out in Cress' face and she looks at me.

SaviourOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara