TMI

Ash

Zane is laughing his ass off but I just stare at Frost, trying to figure out if he is telling the truth or not. He seems to completely believe that he is half Mura, but I want to know why. They can't have children with anyone other than another Mura. So how would Frost be born? Zane's laughter dies down and he wipes imaginary tears from his eyes.

"That was a good one Frost, now tell us the truth."

Both Frost and I look at Zane with serious stares. This causes his smile to wipe off his face and look at the both of us as if we are nuts.

"Don't tell me you believe him Ash, this has to be some kind of joke. Mura's haven't been seen in ages. Well, except for..." he then stops talking, remembering what I did back at the ballroom.

"That doesn't mean they aren't real Zane, you have to keep an open mind," I scold him and turn to Frost, "I read about them, how did you get conceived if Mura's cannot have children with someone outside of their race?"

"That's the thing, the books are wrong. It's not that they cannot conceive a child, it's that the woman dies during childbirth. Every single time," Frost replies, sadness is laced in his tone.

"I'm sorry Frost, I didn't know."

"Prove it," Zane demands.

Frost takes a deep breath and unveils his scent to the both of us. The sweet scent that I have fills my nose as well as a faint scent of sandalwood, the scent that all vampires have in common. He wasn't lying at all. He is half Mura. This is amazing! I can finally have someone to talk to who may understand at least some of what I deal with. I can't hold it back as I grab Frost and bring him into a bone crushing hug. Frost is unsure of what to do so he remains still as I let him go.

"Are you okay Ash?" Frost wonders.

"Uh, yeah. I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me," I straighten my back and regain my composure.

Zane goes to say something but my ringtone cuts him off. I fish it out from my back pocket and see Jax's name pop up. I swipe the screen to answer the call.

"Jax, what's going on?" I ask right off the bat.

"You need to come back right now Ash, there is something brewing and it isn't good. We need you back ASAP," Jax rushes out and I can tell he is anxious.

"I will be there as soon as I can. If anything happens, get someone to call me to update."

"10-4 rubber ducky," Jax replies with a chuckle and hangs up the phone.

"What's going on?" Zane asks.

"I need to go back to the White Stone Pack immediately. Thank you for your hospitality and I hope you will give the King and Queen my apologies for leaving without seeing them."

Zane nods his head and I walk towards the tree line. Frost is following beside me into the woods. I guess I am stuck with him now, I could use the company.

"What's your gift?" I ask Frost.

"I can manipulate the earth," he replies like it is no big deal.

"That's awesome, Frost! Let me see," I insist. I haven't seen anyone use the earth element before.

"Okay, I usually just use it to make a comfortable spot to sleep at night. Let's see when else though..." Frost thinks and taps his chin before a light bulb goes off in his head.

Rocks begin shifting in the earth and create a suspended path in the air. Frost smooths and flattens one end of the rock to make room for his foot. Then he climbs. The rocks hold him up in the air as he climbs higher and higher before stopping to look down at me. He flashes a million dollar smile before he loses his balance. I catch him midair out of habit even though he would have easily survived the fall being a vampire and all. I guide him towards the ground slowly.