For a Human, You Can Be Scary

Ash

Damn, that hurts.

That is all my mind can come up with the moment I wake up in the hospital. I can't believe that Max beat me. I am going to have to hold a rematch against him and Jax later.

I sit up in bed, staying silent as my body yells at me to stop being an idiot. I sit up successfully at the side of the bed and look at the damage. There are bandages on my stomach, chest, shoulders and arms where my injuries were. I can already tell that they are all healed. Luckily no one saw. I will keep these on for a bit until I decide that it has been long enough.

The door opens just as I was about to stand up. I see a guy with a white coat come in. I guess he is the doctor.

"Woah, woah. Don't move. You are still severely injured, I don't know how you are even awake right now let alone sitting up," he gently tries to push me back against the bed.

"I'm fine Doc, I am okay to stand. I am just a bit sore, that's all," I truthfully tell him.

"Let me look at your bandages first," he insists.

"Uh, why? Shouldn't they stay covered?"

"I need to see how they are healing. It will only take a moment."

I gulp and lay back on the bed. How am I going to explain this? A million and one scenarios run through my head at the doctor slowly unwraps every bandage until they are all gone.

"How? That's impossible," he mumbles and then looks at me. I put on a worried face, hopefully he will think I am clueless.

"What is it Doc? Do they look bad?"

"They-they are healed. That shouldn't be possible...unless...." Doc leaves the room for a moment before coming back in with a giant book in his hands. "Ah ha!" He exclaims. Who the fuck says that anymore? "Here it is. There have been some documented cases of humans turning into werewolves after being scratched deeply by one."

He thinks that I am a werewolf? No way in hell. I guess it is a good cover for now until I can get to Hayden.

"W-what?" I try to act scared.

"You are turning into a werewolf. I have never seen this happen before. I will have to keep you under strict observ..." I cut him off.

"You are crazy if you think I am staying here. I am leaving. I need to go find Hayden and Jax."

"I highly recommend you..." I cut him off again.

"I don't care what you highly recommend. I am leaving and that is final." I state.

He sighs and then leaves the room for me to get changed. I need to go find Hayden and fast. I don't want my secret to be known, but I also don't really want people to think I am a miracle werewolf or whatever.

I march to the pack house from town and walk up to Hayden's office door without seeing anyone. I guess they are all at training. I am about to knock before I hear a voice come from my left. I turn to see Sam.

"Shouldn't you be in the hospital?" He questions.

"Shouldn't you be at training?" I narrow my eyes at him.

"I am standing in as Alpha for a few days until my dad is back."

"Where is he?" I ask.

"He had to go visit our family in Europe. Their pack is having troubles so he decided to go help them out."

I nod nonchalantly but on the inside I am panicking. What do I do now? I look over at Sam to see his eyes glossed over. He's mindlinking someone. Hopefully it isn't the doct...