Is He My Boyfriend?

How was I supposed to heal him using mana snakes? I had only heard of it briefly in the story I wrote, but it was only talked about as a theory because of how dangerous it could possibly be. The overall idea was for it to be either done by a very powerful challenger, like myself, who could easily control and maintain my mana despite the snakes eating a majority of it, but the person had to be conscious and focused as well. The other possibility was for someone to inject mana into someone else to lead the mana snakes to the acupoints in the body to open them up. When the body became stronger, the person would inadvertently also be healed. 

I sat in contemplation for a few moments staring at the boy sitting next to me, wondering if I could help him or if I would only harm him. His hair was a dark black color and it traced down his entire body like a blanket. His face was covered in a thick soot, yet his pale skin still peeked through like the remnants of snow after a long winter had finally ended. He was wearing a long cloth shirt that was filled with holes and had turned from white to a dark brown by the soil. He seemed helpless and alone, like he was calling for my help. Wasn't that ironic? I had finally found someone who needed as much saving as I did, but was it my place to help? I mean it was a quest, so I guess it was alright. 

I turned to place both of my hands against his back then began to inject my mana into him. His body jerked slightly, but his face still remained calm as he slept. I exhaled deeply and began to focus as I weaved my mana with the boy's leading it through the entirety of his body. My mana was a cold blue, like the water that laid in the lake of the 13th floor and I could feel the pressure being drawn out of his body as I placed my hands on his back. I then took 3 mana snakes out of my inventory and slowly forced them into his body. The snakes moved quicker than they had for me, sucking out more and more mana. My body became drained and I began to feel faint, but I continued to hold on. 

The mana snakes finally exploded after 3 hours, yet my mana continued to drain away. I anxiously tried to pull away from the boy, but I couldn't. I opened my stat window, expecting to see that my mana was still at infinity, but it was not. It was only 10 and my health stat was decreasing rapidly as well. I knew that I was only in a dream and it wouldn't mean that I would actually die, but it felt that way. I began to cry out loudly. I pleaded to the boy to help me, but no response. It seemed hopeless until he finally woke up and quickly turned towards me. His face was filled up with color, showing a shocked and caring face. My hands slowly released and I was finally free to collapse. 

I tried to get up, but my body wouldn't allow me. My body crashed to the ground and I could not move a single limb, yet my eyes stayed open. My mouth began to fill up with something causing me to let out a large cough. I could see the blood splatter all the way down my shirt and it glazed the floor. The boy ran to me and stared at me with eyes full of, what seemed to be, urgency. I could see his lips moving frantically, but I could not hear a single word. As I drifted off slowly, I noticed that he seemed larger now. I could see that his bony body had become more muscular and the once-loose t-shirt looked like it might split. In a haze, I lifted my hand to his face and pulled him closer to me. Now he looked straight in my eyes, not looking away for a single moment. That was when I slowly whispered to him with a smirk: "You owe me one now." I then kissed him deeply. I could feel the saltiness of the blood being taken away. He put his hands gently by my waist and lifted me up slightly to embrace me. The urgency of him previously was transferred to me by the eagerness of his hands. I was completely drawn in and we laid together on that floor together for hours in a not-so-empty embrace.

 Looking back at that situation, I do not know why I had kissed him, or why I had only kissed him. I had been a virgin for my entire life, always afraid of boys who would make fun of me or chase me around. Even during my peak in high school, I was always afraid of boys and men because they would take any chance to bully me to make me feel weak. It was always so annoying and just became troublesome, so I separated myself from it completely, but this man seemed different...and hot. 

Quest Completed: 

You are the first to complete the 14th floor. You have figured out that Shijian was really the boy who went back in time to save himself again. By offering yourself to the demon, he has felt companionship and care that he was looking for from the villagers. Shijian has released the town from the endless slumber as a result.

Rewards: Teleportation to Floor 15 and Companion- Shijian

Side Quest Completed: 

You have nursed the unknown boy back to health and you have gained his trust and loyalty. 

Rewards: Demon's Blanket and Golden Key.

YOU HAVE LEVELED UP! 

Title Gained: Peace Keeper

You have successfully passed a floor without harming or killing any object. You have become favored by many unknown onlookers and they have become anxious to see how you battle in the coming challenges. This title soothes other players as well as other objects within the levels by giving off a kind aura.