From the Beginning

In front of me stood a large, victorian style door with intricate designs engraved into the stone. The designs were not just for the eye, but it was also a depiction of a famous myth inside the tower, the Myth of the White Dragon. 

During the Ancient times, the gods were the only ones who occupied the plane of existence. For eternities they resided in a realm of darkness that was void of all life. Although the nothingness may seem scary and lonely to many, the Gods had gotten used to this monotony, so they never complained. That was until a new god was born out of the nothingness. 

This god was different from the others. Previously, all the gods looked similar to the modern day humans and were decorated in elaborate outfits, but that was not the case for this new being. Instead of clothing, it was covered in pure white scales and its body was nothing like a human. It had a long body with four legs. This existence would become the first dragon of the universe and the creator of the human world, Jingjie. Jingjie was a peculiar being, and she was immediately ostracized from the other gods. Its beautiful scales were regarded as something plain when compared with its predecessors, so many thought of it as a monster. The evil thoughts aimed to Jingjie never bothered her though, she was too preoccupied with her fantasies of a different world, a world that was not so void, but instead plentiful. She dreamed of other beings similar to her that could live in harmony and she would have others to share her thoughts with.

1000 years after her birth she decided to turn her dreams into reality. She spent many years creating each creature and landform in the world that she called Peng Lai. After the creation, she resided peacefully in harmony with the other occupants, but the other gods quickly became curious. 

The first god that decided to interfere was Zeus. He created tremendous weather to fright the inhabitants of Peng Lai. The other gods quickly followed and interfered more and more as time passed. Jingjie became upset, but she was not able to overpower these people who she considered to be her family, so instead she created a different plane for them to have. This land was far more vast and she spent another 4000 years creating everything. 

When this land was finally finished, she handed it over to her brothers in sisters, but still they were unhappy. The animals that Jingjie created were intricate, but they looked too much like their sister, so they forced Jingjie to create a new species, humans. 

When the first humans were created they had recollection of their creator, The White Dragon. Although many humans initially worshipped Jingjie, they quickly forgot Jingjie as the other Gods began to promise wealth, power, and looks to the humans in exchange for their worship. This was the start of the first world, but the other worlds were later created by the other Gods who became obsessed with watching the competition of their worshippers to see who was the strongest. 

The story was forgotten, but this door was carved by one of the Demons of the world who had idolized the dragon from its creation. The demon was eventually murdered during the slaughter of the demon race during one of the expeditions in the novel, but the story was passed on.

All of a sudden, I could feel a tear fall down my face. Why am I crying? I have not cried for years, but why I am I crying now? I decided to move on from that trivial moment and I pushed the heavy doors open. 

Inside the doors was a vast forest. The ground was covered in a rich green grass, trees were tall, but still let light peek through. If you listened closely you could hear the sounds of birds talking or the hustling of animals in the bushes. It seemed like a utopia, so much different from the city that I had lived in and far different from the other floors at the very top. 

CONGRATULATIONS ON BEING THE FIRST CHALLENGER TO ENTER THE TOWER!

You have successfully entered the tower and have given yourself a head start on the race to get to the top and attain all the power and riches you could imagine. Don't be hasty though, you have 1.03 hours until the first round of challengers are sent to this floor, so hurry up and conquer.