Mysterious Arrival

Joanna

I have been wandering for hours, not knowing where I am or where I'm going. I'm just following the gold streak. Follow me, and you'll be in a world of pure imagination. I hummed to myself, a little delirious from the pain in my body. I know I had a suitcase at some point... Oh well, I'll find it sooner or later.
I giggled as I walked past people who just stopped and stared at me. I probably look like a drunken teenager.
"Excuse me, young lady!?" A voice cut through my foggy brain. I turned a bit too quickly for my feet, and I fell until a pair of arms caught me, saving me from the unforgiving pavement. I glanced up to see a pretty pair of dark hazel eyes were worriedly staring down into my blue ones.
"Camilo?" I whispered as he took my hand, and I succumbed to the darkness.

Camilo's POV

"One week until Antonio's Gift Ceremony!" Someone yelled throughout Casita. I let out a sigh as I got up and went outside to walk around the town. I was bored. Nothing interesting was happening.

It didn't take long for something to start happening.
The people in the town gathered around something as I called for Luisa to come over. She had just finished with her chores and walked over; we pushed our way through the crowd just to catch a glimpse of a girl. She was wearing a light blue shirt and a dark green skirt that kind of resembled Meribel's. She had long black hair that was thrown up into a messy ponytail. The moment I caught sight of her face, I told Luisa to get her mom. She was as pale as a cloud and looked as if she was about to faint. I pushed through the rest of the people just as someone called out to her, and she dropped. I rushed over to her, catching her just before her head hit the ground, and pulled her into my arms. That was when my eyes finally met hers for the first time. Her eyes were as blue as the river, with hints of gold, green, and purple in them. She was mesmerizing.

And even more so when she whispers a name.

My name.

She quickly passes out before I can question her and Tia Julieta rushes over to us with the rest of the family in her wake. She shivers, so I wrap my ruana around her shoulders as Julieta comes over, placing a hand on her forehead.
"The girl will be alright, everyone, please, back to your homes," Abuela announces. Everyone takes one last look at the unconscious girl in my arms before heading back to their homes.
"Delores, is she breathing?" Mirabel breathes out, worried for the girl.
"Yes, but it's slow and ragged."
"Mom, you can help her, right?" Luisa asks as Tia furrows her brows in concentration.
"She needs to be awake to eat. If she's not, I can't heal her." She says before instructing Luisa to pick her up carefully and carry her back to Casita. I try to keep up, but everyone is trying to be near her that I get pushed to the back.
"Isabela, can you grow some healing herbs for me?" Julieta asks once we reach the house. Luisa gently places her on the table, dark blood covering her arms. A gasp sounds across the room as Agustín tells his daughter to go clean up, and everyone who isn't needed is pushed out of the kitchen. Including me.
I turned to Abuela, and she glanced over at me. "She will be alright." She tried.
"She knew my name," I said, staring at the closed door.
"What?" She asked.
"She spoke to me. She said my name before she fainted." Still starting at the door.
"Do you know who she is?" She tried.
"No. But the way she said it... Her voice sounded, I don't know. Not familiar, but like I've heard it from somewhere before. You know?" I squinted at the door, willing it to open.
"Yes. I do. But you mustn't worry about that now, Nieto. They will be able to help her." She said before promptly turning on her heel and walking upstairs to her room. Knowing I should probably do the same, I followed her lead, walking up to my own bedroom falling into a dreamless sleep.