Chapter 2: Determination

Sun pointed to a hopefully vacant room with velvet red stanchions guarding the door. It had a purple fox painted on.
You saw all of the droid guards with flashlights everywhere. Nervously mentioning, "Gregory said I had a pass so the guards wouldn't hurt me," You glanced at Sun, with a head permanently facing downwards. "We can do this."

You attempted to avoid the droids,  but you were both slower than usual. One flashed it's light at both of you. You didn't know what was going to happen until,

"(Y/n), the concert is over. Exit through the gates immediately, exit through the gates."
The Droid drove away.

You were filled joy! You were safe, though continuing on to the door, multiple droids kept finding them and repeating that same phrase. It got very annoying.
You tried opening the scratched door, but it was locked, " Sun I--"

Sun stopped you by opening the door with a shaking hand.
You thought, - how? -
It opened to reveal an untouched room lit with a flickering lights. It was better than the dark. You saw the large mirror on the desk. It showed your messy hair, and dirty face.

"No no no... What a mess," Sun said tearily, "clean up clean up..."

You looked at Sun happily, elated that he spoke. But concerned that he just repeats the same phrases, like the security droids.

You questioned, "where to now?"

Sun pointed towards a door with no handle, you walked together towards it. Once both of you got close enough it opened to reveal a smaller room with another knobless door. Sun pointed to that one as well, but this time, it looked familiar, "Sun is that an elevator?"

No response.

It opened when you got close enough. It seems that most doors are sensory activated. Entering, you pressed the up button, but it did nothing. You thought, - I guess we have to go down -

Pressing lower button caused the doors to close. Creaking it went downwards. Doors opening again it revealed a dark pathway. And you went with Sun to yet another door opening voluntarily.
You saw a huge cylindrical dome encircled with glass detainment rooms. One smashed. Sun released the grip from your shoulders, leaning on the walls to reach a door you hadn't seen. Sun stayed in front of it, whispering,
"We can finger paint..."

You looked at the small chunky screen to the right of Sun. It offered a few operations, but none of what you wanted. You clicked on the voicebox operation.  The doors opened, Sun stumbled inside. You helped place Sun on the chair, but that ever smiling head still rested on his chest. Taking chances, you lifted up the head, and gently placed it on the headrest. The only thing connecting the body and head were the multiple cords twisted or charred from the continuous sparks.

A voice spoke overhead,
"To open the chest cavity, press both buttons in a pattern of 1, 2, 1, 1, 2, 1, 2, 3."

"Uhh, can you repeat that?" You hoped.

The machine didn't answer.

You attempted to memorize the pattern as you lifted and placed Sun's hand on his stomach, so you could sit on the armrest to see what's going on.
You viewed the two buttons you had to press,"which one is top and bottom?"

Sun mumbled, " Oh my what a mess... Oh my what a mess..."

You noticed Sun's hand on the opposite armrest lift. It pointed to the top one, showed 2 fingers, shifted downwards, and pointed to the last one with one finger.

"Thank you!" You gleamed at his face, proud he chose to speak.

But Sun left one question unanswered. As you began to press the pattern, Sun started glitching. The triangular sunbeams retracted, and the normal yellow place of his face turned dark. You panicked, when you wanted to guess where the third button would be, the now Moon roared, "YOU NAUGHTY LITTLE MONSTER!!"

Moon pushed you off the armrest and attempted to get up, straining the cords connecting his head, Moon screamed. Every glitch in his hollering terror, reminded you of the incident prior.

"I'm sorry! You tried to get me! Let me help!" You pleaded.

Moon falling back on the chair, reached for you, but you were crying on the floor, safely placed beyond his reach. Jumping up you put yourself in his view, Moon pulled at your hair, "YOU MUST BE PUNISH--"

Pressing the two buttons in synchronization halted his petrifying behavior. Moon frozen in place, his chest popped up and was removed by one of the operator's hands. It continued,
"For this type of animatronic, It is necessary to remove the memory card behind the voicebox."

Carefully removing the voicebox, you saw not only one memory card, but two. Separated with different cords connecting to the mainframe in Sun's head. But they were the ones frayed and intertwined together. You glanced back at where you fell, a slight dent was made in the wall. Showing a square like seam around the dent. Sliding off the chair, you managed to take it off. Multiple wires, eyes, and other objects erupted out. But what stood out to you was the computer's plug to a charger.
Partly crawling in, you discovered a coord connecting to the computer, but unplugged from the outlet. You noticed a note was hastily drawn over the cord in sharpie saying, "animatronic options advanced/ step by step"
Without any thought you plugged it in.

*ZZZT BOOOM*

The lights around you changed from a cheap, flickering yellow, to an illuminated bright white.

"Advanced procedures activated. Voice activated conversations allowed." The voice overhead spoke.

Your jaw dropped in awe. Testing the machine, you said, "Locate larger memory card, and explain most used options operated on Freddy in advanced mode."

A pause. Though it was small, made you rethink your choices. But the machine continued, "One wiped memory card from deactivated Rockstar Bonnie Located under excess cords, which is located in *bzzt* unnamed hidden area... Different advanced operations used on the lead animatronic Freddy that were *bzzt* increased:
- vocabulary
- memory
- choice of personality."

You went into the square hole in the wall. After searching for the memory card under the rubble of cords, you found some similar looking cords to replace the burnt ones, then finally, you found the card. It was quite larger than you expected.

Confidently you turned to look at the frozen mixed Moon and Sun, " I'm changing the operation, how do I switch the memory card?"

After 2 hours, you finished the memory card switch, changed the limits on vocabulary and personality in the mainframe, connected the head to the body, and rewired it to the new memory card. During the memory card replacement procedure, The different patterns and accessories of Moon faded. It seemed to you Sun's pattern was the default.

Closing the chest cavity you started on the final tests, "This is easy!" You said as you pressed the multicolored buttons, watching Sun's head twitch left and right.

"Operations finished." The machine ended with, "You have a great skill set (y/n)"

You beamed. Turning to Sun, you jumped off the chair and skipped towards the door. Ignoring your swollen ankle begging to be healed. You turned to his face, "Sun! Let's go!"