Chapter 3: Failure

He turned to you, "Sun??"

Fear filled your head, " I'm (y/n)... remember?"

Sitting up he questioned, repeating your words, "Let's go??I'm (y/n) remember??"

You pushed him down onto the chair Frantically shouting, "MACHINE, MEMORY CARD SWITCH!"

"button sequence is 1, 2, 1, 1, 2, 1, 2, --"

Sun yelled your panicked senetnce, "MACHINE," Sun's head rose to face you as you pressed his two buttons in the pattern, still yelling,
"MEMORY CARD SWITCH!!"

Tears filling your eyes, Sun kept repeating whatever he heard, "Button sequence-- Sun!!-- MEMORY--1, 2, 1,"
You pressed the last two buttons together, like last time when Sun started, "I'm (y/n) rememb--"

Sun froze.

You needed to find the problem, back at square zero again. You looked at Sun, large teardrops fell on him, still maintaining his grinning smile.

"Machine... Why doesn't Sun remember anything?" You asked, voice wobbling.

"The animatronic now contains a new memory card, no information resides inside." It answered.

"Can you put these cards into the new one?" You held them up to the ceiling. Hoping it would see.

"That is too advanced for your level." It confirmed.

"Please, I'll do the procedure, like last time. I won't make you help me with it!" Placing the voicebox to the side you lifted up the new memory card as well, "Here... See?"

"I have a pass...*sniff*" You placed the broken fazwatch on the open grey hand. Sobbing you placed the memory cards there as well. Reluctantly the hand grasped the items and dissapeared into the ceiling. Minutes went by. Your eyes felt so swollen as you wiped the streaming tears away.

The hand came down, only the new card remained, " I am not allowed to assist in advanced procedures to helping customers."

You didn't take it, the hand came closer to your face. The machine added, "You are an employee. You received the wrong fazwatch."

Another hand came down, with a brand new, silver fazwatch. You looked in amazement of this machines kindness. You played along, "You're right, I forgot to tell you an amazing, intelligent boss that I admire. *giggle* and look up to," you thought - quite literally - , "Employed me."

You took the memory card and put on the fazwatch. You finished replacing the memory card, placing the voicebox back in.

"Testing procedures?" The machine questioned.

"Yep!" You said excitedly as the buttons came down.

Because it wasn't replacing a movable part of the animatronic, some pointier hands came down and rested themselves partially on the cords. Preparing to test if the cords were connected properly. You pressed the colored buttons in the pattern requested, watching the hands do it's work.

"Testing procedure completed successfully." The machine said.

You put the voicebox back in,  The machine tested it itself. You supposed it wanted to help further because, some bags under your eyes could easily be seen. The machine replaced the pointy hands with the more padded ones and started to press down the chest shell. You pleaded, "Wait!"

The machine paused. You continued, "Can I do that with you?"

You waited expectantly, it replied, "... Yes."

Placing your hands under the machine's, you both pressed the chest down. A singular button came down, the machine asked, " Press the button to activate your machine."

You smiled and pondered, - she said Sun's mine! She's just teasing me -

Pressing the button, Sun shot up. He glanced towards you as the button disappeared into the ceiling. Sun clenched the armrest, hands trembling. All he did was stare.

Inhaling to say something, Sun interrupted, "Come."

He said it so sternly it shocked you. Getting off the armrest, Sun walked towards you. So fluidly, no skipping, not slouching. Sun towered over you, " Someone is coming."

The machine quickly said to you,
"Operations all a success."

You answered, "All because of you machine. I wouldn't have been able to do it without you! Thank you, I won't forget you."

The doors opened, Sun rushed out. Limping, you followed. He walked towards to a door with a green alligator painted on. It opened, Sun walked in. And just about to enter, Sun grabbed your arms and pulled you into the dark hallway.

The doors closed right as another opened,
"Freddy why did you wait so long in Foxy's room! The elevator was right there, and you were in the way! You've been doing this a lot." Freddy stayed quiet. Gregory loudly continued, " I'm going to have to fix you again!"

You could hear them walk towards the cylindrical room. "There's only a few on this dumb computer!" Gregory annoyingly complained, "I did them all! Ugh! I'd fight that bird again to stop her from stupidly screeching because I took her voicebox. Or that alligator, foxy, haha or the tiny dust cleaner in the vents!"

"They're my friends..." Freddy sadly insisted.

"Your FRIENDS tried to KILL ME Freddy!" Gregory shouted, "Let's go."

They're footsteps faded as they exited through the same door. Hands still firmly holding you still, you looked behind you. What once was a grinning Sun, now was a sinister Moon.

"No!" You fell to the floor.

Confused, Moon looked at himself. The fluffy ball on the end of his night cap danced in front of his eyes. That did the trick. Moon sprinted to the door. It opened just in time to get into let him slide through. Moon dropped to the floor in an all to familiar fetal ppsition. The light let Moon dissapear, and Sun to resurface. Sun's spikes poked out. And the nightcap vanished.

You hobbled to Sun's side, he said,
"I can remember."

You whispered, "Let's go."

Once Sun got up, he offered his arm to support you. Your ankle had swollen immensely due to your overuse of it. Walking together to the door with a purple fox on, it opened, presenting another dark hallway. Sun paused, not walking any further. You offered, "Maybe if you put your hand over your eyes, the dark won't frighten you."

Sun wanted to object, but did as you said anyways. Still using his open arm as a crutch, you led Sun into the darkness. You saw him transform into Moon again. Nightcap to star decorated pants. Nothing happened. Deciding not to say anything about it, you continued walking. Up the elevator, weaving through the red velvet stanchions, ignoring the talkative guard droids, to the daycare doors. Pushing them open with your free arm, light flooded around you two. Moon's decorative patterns dissapeared, along with his nightcap, allowing Sun's features to reappear in all their yellowness.

"Sun, you can take your hand off now." You said.