Chapter 4: A start

Entering the play area, you released your grip on Sun's arm, he watched you expectantly. Sitting down on one of the fallen cylinder pillows, Sun fought the urge to clean it up. He may have a wider access to multiple abilities, but his programming still retained all of the cleaning, medical, and daycare responsibilities needed to actually do his job. With spare time now, Sun finally saw your broken ankle. Once again Sun's medical knowledge filled his mind, he rushed to the medicare station somewhere around the front desk.
You heard Sun turn away. It sounded so sudden, you worried - Did I hurt him more than I helped him? -

Deep in contemplative thought, you didn't notice Sun walking back with a cast solution and a bandage wrap. He placed his hand on your swollen ankle.

"Ack!" You yelped.

Monotonous, Sun reported, "Grade three high ankle sprain, no cast needed. Because of the immense swelling, I will need to get some ice to reduce that before I wrap it. Also I'll write down the daily exercises you should do to help it heal."

Once Sun placed the ice on your ankle, it felt so much better. You told him,
" Sun you're so different. You used to be so talkative..."

You didn't know what to say next, he started wrapping your ankle and holding you breath was the only thing you could do to stop from complaining. Sun is helping you, and you didn't want to be like Gregory.

Sun... didn't respond. His grinning smile never faltered. Though all of the other animatronics could have facial expressions he didn't. It was unfair. Sun's head perked up. Since he was so close you jumped a bit, hurting your ankle further,
" Oh man tha--"

"Shh." Sun said interrupting you.

Sun heard some metallic feet clamping towards the doors, (y/n) didn't seem to notice yet. He politely whispered in your ear,
"Someone's coming, may I hide you somewhere?"

As soon as you nodded Sun swiftly swept you up, his running felt like you were on a horse. Instead of climbing inside Sun hid on top of the play structure. He saw the dust flutter around when he jumped on,
"What a mess, clean up cle--"

He stopped himself, "What did you do In the operation room?"

You replied, "Sun, I gave you like, a lotta stuff in there. I wanted you to BE you."

"But what about Moon?"

"I don't know... Moon really hurt me. He showed up too, once when I was fixing you." You hesitantly added. Ignoring the fact that he doesn't show up anymore when Sun is in the darkness.

Sun looked so sad, with his head facing downwards, "I guess it was for the better."

The door opened, to reveal a purple rabbit. Sun's triangular rays retracted as he pressed to the floor. You did the same, not knowing what else to do.
You whispered next to Sun, "I didn't know a rabbit was going to come inside."

He chuckled, then whispered back, "I didn't either. I just wanted to talk to you in private after I heard one of the animatronics walking around."

Sun solemly whispered, "She was the one who hurt Moon. She corrupted him. (y/n) this isn't another robot, this is a security guard. Or was I guess. She was fired weeks ago but they never found her."
You looked at him in shock. Sun continued, "Vanny has corrupted nearly all of the animatronics. Anyone who's human and stays here at night for too long goes crazy."

The rabbit hopped around then walked back to the doors leaving. Sun reminded, "I don't know if Moon will come back when it's dark, so please, keep the lights on."

You looked away, "I can't sleep when it's bright Sun."

He paused, "Wanna finger paint?"

You guys played all sorts of games, one you enjoyed in particular was when Sun would pretend to not notice you trying to hide in the play structure during hide and seek, with your sore ankle and foot sticking out.

"OH (y/n)!! You're SUCH a good hider!! I CAN'T even SEE your foot!!" As he skipped around pretending not to see you.

After a couple of minutes he was quiet. You paused, "Sun...?" As you leaned out of the bottom of the tube.

"FOUND YOU!!"
Sun was behind you.

Many emotions were mixed into that one phrase. Fear rested itself in the back of your mind as you laughed," Haha you got me!"

You yawned. Sun lifted you up, you rested your arms around his neck. He climbed the playstucture. Again you both stayed on top of it, watching the area for any animatronics. This time though, it was clear. The top was pre-cleaned so no dust tickled your nose. You rested on the blankets and pillows Sun placed for you. He layed behind you, his large figure helping you feel protected.

You quietly said, "The lights are too bright, but I know we can't turn them off."

Sun put his hand over your eyes, shading them from the lights overhead, he added, "Is that better?"

"Yeah." You sighed as you snuggled up next to him.

He hummed some tunes, easing your mind, and leading you off to sleep.