03|☯︎

__________ ⁂ 𖣘 ⁂ ___________

𒊹︎︎︎THE MIDDLE-AGED MAN, ordered the maids to leave the room while trying to keep his cool. He didn't want to show any sign of fear, otherwise they would suspect something is going on.

After they left, he reassured that no one was eavesdropping or being watched.

He placed carefully the baby on the bed and turned towards his most trustful companions.

His sister, Hikari Koto was trying to calm down her sister-in-law who was still trembling in terror.

" Breath and exhale, Mei " his wife, Mei tried to follow his sister's instructions to prevent causing any more problems.

" Hikari...you saw that too, right? " the older woman slowly turned her head, staring into his hopelessly eyes.

" Yes, she has a similar symbol by his described appearance... "

Mei suddenly returned to her senses and let out a yelp, but closed her mouth immediately when she realized that they maids might hear her.

" Our child? Is connected with...him? " she didn't dare to say his name at loud, after all she has heard what happens to humans who carelessly do it.

" Mei! Stop saying nonsense! There's no way a cursed spirit and an infant are connected with each other...however she might have something to do with Jujutsu... "

You could see the fear on their eyes, the married couple was ought to make their kid a shaman if it had by any chance unhuman abilities.

It is a law, and not even noble people like them can ignore or break it. Additionally, their child will be taken away to train as a shaman if it has any secret ability.

" That's why, I've decided to send our daughter out of the country " his wife jumped from the bed and stared at her husband in disbelief.

" Did you make a decision without me? About our child?! " in addition, he lost his temper and yelled at her.

" Aren't you ashamed?! A few minutes earlier you were shouting at her and called her a monster! AND NOW YOU CARE ABOUT HER?! "

The woman closed her eyes, she didn't want to look at her husband's furious and disappointed face.

" I got scared! You weren't there to see what happened! " Mei complained about how quickly he made conclusions without even caring to ask why she panicked earlier.

Kurayami turned his gaze to his sister, waiting for her to explain what happened because the couple would surely not if they kept shouting at each other.

" Kurayami...when I brought her to our world, she was covered in blood like every normal baby " Kurayami rolled his eyes, he was convinced that they were playing him.

" Two of the maids were assigned to wash her up, and they did so however her eyes were still covered in blood " her right hand started trembling and when she noticed she held it with the other trying to calm herself down.

" At first I thought they forgot to do that part, but then I realized she was crying...her tears were bloody, Kurayami " his eyes landed at the clueless baby.

" Still, it was too much to call your own daughter a monster " there was no doubt that he was referring to his wife.

" Mei, you must persuade your mother to raise our child in China " the woman shuddered when she heard his decision.

" Are you out of your mind?! Of all people, you choose my arrogant mother?! " Mei's mother is a heartless noble woman who despites everyone, even her own daughter.

" Your mother, is the only person who lives out of the country. Our daughter will raise in China until her 18th birthday " Kurayami hopped that if his daughter never used her cursed energy, she would never learn about them.

" End of story, now...how are we going to name her? " the three adults shared glances and in the end started at the emotionless infant.

" What about Asami? " his sister came up with a name, but it didn't really suit the child.

" I think Rin suits her " the husband shrugged at his wife suggestion and came up to his child.

" What about...Y/N? " the baby for the first time made a sound, as if she liked the name.

" Y/N Toko " her small hand held his little finger and a smile plastered on his face.

" Please, forgive me... "

The Flowers of Evil | 惡の華

Funfact: Asami means morning beauty and Rin means cold. Hikari means light while Kurayami means darkness.