04|☯︎

___________ ⁂ 𖣘 ⁂ ___________

18 years after:

𒊹︎︎The bright sun was welcoming Y/N Toko back to her home.

It felt overwhelming, pretty much, to find her family waiting for her return, after the second day she was born and sent in China.

They weren't there to see her growing up and becoming the breath-taking woman that she is today.

However, that doesn't hurt her at all, because she knows if these people who she calls parents where in her life the things wouldn't change for the better.

" Y/N...welcome back home " a middle-aged woman burst into tears and fell into Y/N's arms, hugging her tight.

' This must be mother... ' the thought of not even knowing how her mother looks like is really upsetting.

A man a few years older than her mother stood beside her and smiled at her genuinely.

" Father, I'm back " he chuckled nervously, preventing himself from getting emotional.

Nevertheless, the Toko clan weren't the only ones who heard about the return of his daughter.

The maids started discussing secretly about her arrival and then slowly that secret discussion became well-known news for the whole village.

Everyone believed that Y/N was sent to China because she was ill and needed to be treated.

When her return was heard, everyone thought that she recuperated from her illness and her father would marry her off to someone.

Many noble families took that rumor in consideration and thought of marrying their sons with the only child of the powerful daimyo for political reasons...

" Y/N, you are so beautiful " the mother complimented her child while caressing her black hair.

" Thank you, mother " she kept a straight face, not showing any sign of emotion.

The family was finally reunited and they couldn't express their happiness about it.

They were at the dining room, eating dinner all together for the first time.

" How was China? Do you like Japan better than China? " Y/N Toko was being asked a lot of questions from her mother, irritating her at one point.

" It's too soon to say which country holds better qualifications, beauty, or economy than the other. They are both amazing in their own way " Mei chuckled awkwardly not expecting such an answer, but smiled nonetheless.