❝𝐀 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐃𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐥.❞

Alone. They were all alone. Alone and mad, mad at everyone surrounding them, mad at their dearest friends, mad at Morax, mad at everyone. Lifting their head slightly, [Name] stared through their eyebrows, glaring at their superior towering over them. "We already decided. You signed a contract."

"I was forced to sign that contract." The room fell silent, nobody daring to speak up. "You signed it either way, didn't you?" Nobody dared to speak, apart from the cryo archon. "Well, yes, but I had no other choice! You lot were pressuring me into signing it, I had to give in at some point, no?!" They exclaimed as the cryo and pyro archon stepped to the right of Morax, the cryo archon crossing his arms in annoyance.

"If you were less incompetent and weak," Morax spat, "You'd have resisted." Morax looked at them. They closed their eyes shut in frustration, turning their back to their superior. "See, Morax?! How rude they are." The cryo archon complained as the pyro archon decided to step into the conversation as well. "Is it even considered a nation with no governors? No rulers? No god?".

"Yes, it is. It is considered a nation, and you imbeciles should've realized that!" [Name]'s head turned to Barbatos standing in the corner of the room, his head hung low, and he only caught their gaze once they spoke. "Even Barbatos is against this! This isn't fair—"

"Barbatos is not against anything," Kusanali, who was standing next to Barbatos, stated sweetly, trying her best to explain to [Name]. "He agrees with us..." "He what...?- You traitor! So, I'm the only one on Khaenri'ah's side?!" They shouted in disbelief. Throwing their arms to the side in frustration.

"[Name], calm down-"

"No! You all are such stupid dimwits who refuse to let a nation be!" Ei shut up instantly at that, a little pink kitsune jumping out of her hands and running to the back of her leg. Of course, [Name] felt bad, but that doesn't mean they could take their words back.

"Well," [Name] smacked their lips, "It seems I'll be fighting against all of you," The contract Morax was holding was snatched from his hand in an instant, "Again." They tore up dismissed the contract on the floor, walking out the room in the direction to the nation they were going to protect with everything they could.

It, meant, war.

//

Seven Archons surrounded the stage that [Name] was stuck on, there were multiple bruises on their leg, and a huge scar on their hand, reaching from their palm to their elbow. Before them was a huge draped white curtain, now stained with blood. The bodies of the followers of the other seven archons laid beside them, and a few others were beside [Name], lifeless.

Barbatos had his arrow aimed at his former allies' temple as they stood there, defenseless. "You wouldn't do that, we were allies!" They tried to protest, but it was to no avail. Anemo formed at the spear of the arrow, leaving [Name] to swerve their arm to protect the face.

Blood pierced through their forearm, crimson staining the floor as the anemo crippled away, whilst they fell helplessly to the ground, cursing under their breath in pain. A crowd swarmed the poor archon. They sat on the floor, their body barely being able to take their own weight anymore, lying down weakly on their left radius as their right forearm was still bleeding heavily.

Worried exclaims and cries were slowly shut up when Morax made his way on top onto the small stage, walking on geo pillars which kept creating as he stepped forward. Morax took out his polearm and aimed it at them, seriousness written all over his face as the people, frightened, backed away. "[Name]," He spoke firmly. "You have been defeated, give up."

"No, I can't give up." They groaned in pain, fluttering their eyes open to glare Morax's golden stare. "[Name], come on now." The Raiden Shogun appeared out of thin air, "You're injured greatly, the nation is set ablaze, and half of your people have been executed."

"Who, in the world, said that could stop me?" [Name] said, trying to steady themselves to sit up properly, but they ended up collapsing to the ground. During their struggle, Barbatos and the other archons made their way up to the platform. "[Name], stop this. You can't win against us, we're gods."

"Shut up, Nahida. I'm a god too in case you all forgot." They spat, finally succeeding in sitting up. "I can still," they were cut off by a groan, "win this."

"No you can't, don't you get that?" The cryo archon's condescending demeanor finally spoke up. "Your incompetence lead to the brink of your death. You can't rule a nation, you lost your nation long ago because of how weak you are." He chuckled, holding a hand up to his mouth as [Name] furrowed their eyebrows in anger.

"Barbatos was kind enough to let you rule with him, and your own people forgot you. Isn't that funny?" The pyro archon stepped into the conversation as well, as the Dendro and Anemo archon looked away in shame and pity for their friend.

"I wish you all perished alongside the monsters of the archon war, you merciless imbeciles." They glared angrily at the lot. "[Name]." One of the archons spoke, catching [Name]'s attention, it was the hydro archon this time. "You remember that one man, Dainslief?" They spoke as [Name] was visibly annoyed.

"Aha! You mean the head guard who betrayed [Name] without hesitation?!" The cryo archon laughed at how pathetic someone would have to be to turn their back on a god. The hydro archon nodded, as [Name] sat there, unable to do anything.

"Don't utter one more word about that traitor. He's just another one of those cowards who were betrayed me and deserve to die." [Name] spoke, as the cryo archon's eyebrow perked up in curiosity. "Ah, so you're saying you should perish, then? You also betrayed us. And after all, all traitors should die, right?"

"Stop it! You're twisting my words; I didn't say that!" – "But you know it's true."

[Name] shut up at that, fury boiling in their veins. The cryo archon was right, they are educated on the perspective of people like this, being a forgotten archon, and all. Morax dropped his polearm to the ground, but before it could hit the floor it vanished behind his back.

That was when an explosion could be heard not too far away, catching everyone's attention as from the flame, stood a girl with blonde hair and outlandish clothes. "This world calls you guys' archons? Pathetic."