CHAPTER 3: WHERE ARE YOU?

"Okay! Let's meet at Yujing Terrace!" The pixie bounced her legs up in the air, as you both parted ways.

You had ditched the group when they first headed to fight stormterror, so when they found you again having a chat with Amber they took the gratitude to invite you with them to Liyue for the rite of descension. Fun.

You miss Lumine. It's so boring without her. Aether? no. Even if they're twins they're nothing alike, Lumine's personality is aloof and distant, which makes you like her even more. She's the best-est 'friend' you could ever have. Wait, enough about that, you have to get to the Rite.

-------------------

"Wha... Whats going on?!

did she just say Rex Lapis...? The geo archon... Is DEAD?!" The pixie squealed in disbelief; and you had just discreetly entered the scene. "What's happened?" You asked, though your queries were ignored. Again. "Oh no! The Millelith! Looks like they're nabbing suspects that got too close!" your eyes followed Paimon's to meet with some guards discussing with suspects. "Paimon is freaking out!! THE KILLER IS AMONG(ST) US!" she freaked out.

"what's even happening?!" you asked a bit louder this time, but alas, ghosted again, as you groaned in frustration, Paimon spoke again. "wait... we got close! Are we suspects?" she gasped as you rolled your eyes. "wait- Where are you going?!" she asked as Aether seemed to be thinking about something.

You cautiously made it out with Aether and Paimon, avoiding the watchful gaze of the Millelith, but before you make it far from the scene of the crime, one misstep alerts them to your guys' presence. "Aether! Be careful next time!" you managed to scold him, as you guys made a run for it. Running down the stairs, you get cornered by the guards, as you're pulling out the sword you bagged from that guard, someone steps in front.

"Hey, hold still."

-----

"Paimon's exhausted!"

"I'm even more beat!" you yelled, "Just what muscles does magical floating use, exactly?" Aether looked at the pixie. "So insensitive! You have no idea how tiring just floating around i—"

"Wait— Who even are you?!" She looked in the direction of the guy who just saved you.

"Call me Childe." he smiled, putting away his weapon. "Childe? so we're supposed to dote on you?" you scoffed, shooting a look at the harbinger. You remember him, you're just hoping he doesn't remember you.

(I know nothing of his backstory— im just taking it from the wiki, so bear with me here.)

You've seen him train, doubt he remembers you; you change your appearance a lot.

That voice sounds familiar... he told himself.

"Haha— No, no, it's an alias of sorts." he chuckled awkwardly. "In Mondstadt, I don't suppose you came by a "Signora" by any chance?".

"Signora... Childe..." Paimon was in deep thought. "You're fatui! one of the harbingers!" she said in shock. What was the fatui again...? "Fatui...?" You mumbled to yourself, you weren't that loud, were you? "Oh! You don't know the fatui?"

"No...?" you scratched the back of your neck awkwardly. "Do you live under a rock or something?" Paimon looked in your direction. "Uhhh—"

"The fatui are a famous—, infamous group is more the word, under the cryo archon in Snezhnaya, and then theres 11 fatui harbingers, and Paimon knows you are one of them, Childe." she then pointed to Childe, who really looked he didn't want any trouble.

"Of course, only The Tsaritsa would make an organization like that." you scoffed, "...what do you mean by that?" Childe asked. "Oh, nothing." You smiled at him, "I think I'm going to go start looking for Luli-"

"Who's Luli?" Aether asked, as you immediately turned around at his question. "I think you misheard, haha- I said Caesar." You waved your hands bye as they watched as you walked awkwardly out of the situation.

You're actually gonna go to look for Lumine now, since you're in Liyue anyways. You met a few abyss mages along the long walk, and you somehow ended up in Wangshu Inn, how great.

-------------

You had found some almond tofu on the balcony, and you had a bite, it was delicious. Before you knew it, you had finished up most of it, until you felt someone's presence behind you. "...Who are you." the boy asked, he seemed to have an anemo vision, and he had this tattoo as well, you recognised him as well. He's the scary adeptus right?

"Oh! Xiao, hi!" you gave a slightly fake smile, but then you realised you just said his name. "How do you know my name...?" He took his polearm out, its point in your direction. "Oh! Well, you're.— popular...? Right?" you asked, your mouth half full. "...I am?" he asked himself, distracting his gaze from you. "You are?"
It was a confusing sight nonetheless, but you could tell he was glaring at the tofu. "Oh, was this yours?" you said extremely casually.

"Yes. That was, now answer my question, who are you?" he gave you a death glare, it wasn't that intimidating for you considering your probably way more powerful than him, but, you don't want to pick a fight. Plus hes hot.

"Oh, I'm a traveler around these parts, I'm with Aether, nice to meet you, Xiao." You smiled, finishing up the almond tofu. "Who's Aether...? And, what is your name?" He pointed his spear up to your neck, but you pushed it down slowly. "None of your business." You smiled and walked off, the plate in your hands to return to the kitchen and order some more tofu for him.

He didn't get more tofu; the chef was on break. Poor guy. First the suffering, now no tofu?

-------------------------------------------

"Lumine! There you are!" She turned around at the sight of her name and her lips curled to a smile for a second when she saw you running into her arms. "[NAME], what are you doing here? You're supposed to be in the abyss." she stopped what she was doing and turned to you.

"What's happening here?" You looked around in awe, it was abandoned, and it looked really cool. She replied, "Oh, since we lost Dvalin, we're going to get another one of the four winds. And we've been spending a lot of time planning that."

"Which one?" You asked, turning back to her. "Andrius." She replied, before pausing. "We should be finished with the preparations in a month or so... It's a long time but still, we'll accomplish the mission at least." She got up, reaching your height. "If I helped, how much time would it take then?" You offered, as she calculated. "Knowing you... You don't slack off when its necessary... That'd take..." *incoherent mumbling* "a week."

"Okay. I'll help!" You smiled,

and now you're preparing materials to help Lumine, how fun.