CHAPTER 4: THE PLAN CRUMBLES.

"All the main preparations are done, I'll finish them, you go rest."

"Lumine, I'm an archon fighting for my kingdom, I'm not resting. Not while Dainslief is out there." You protested back. As she sighed. "Fine, just don't get hurt." She gave in, already knowing from the start theres no point arguing. "Ehhh, that isn't a promise." You shrugged, heading into a portal.

-----Lingju Pass-----

"They said they'd have new people in their party...—" You spotted the traveler with literally the one and only, Zhongli. You mentally facepalm, you know that Morax knows your voice really well, if you speak you could be caught. He wouldn't recognise you— You've yearly changed your physical appearance.

You caught up with the group, who were talking about their next move. You gave a smile and waved, as they noticed you. (For once.)

"Hey!..." Paimon exclaimed, she looked like she was about to say something. "Riiight, Paimon never really get your name..." She said as your eyes widened a bit. You pulled Aether and Paimon to the side, leaving Zhongli alone to mutter about some wine or something. "Uhh, hey, look, my names... [Nickname], and I'm- *fake but really real-sounding cough* sick right now so its hard to speak... I think it was that almond tofu." You made up another excuse. "Ohh, okay [Nickname]. Get well soon!"

Everyone returned to Morax, as he looked at you. "Who are they?"

"Oh! This is..." Paimon forgot your name already. Aether whispered something into her ear, "[Nickname]! Right. Zhongli, meet, [Nickname]. [Nickname], meet Zhongli!" She cheered, clapping her hands. You smiled and waved awkwardly as he began to speak. "Good to meet you, [Nickname], say, why don't you speak?" He looked at you. "Oh! Paimon knows this. [Nickname] ate some bad almond tofu and now their throat is hurting, so they don't want to speak."

Seems like he bought it.

"Ah, okay." Yeah he bought it.

-----Approaching Mount Tianheng -----

"[Nickname], you don't have a vision, how do you protect yourself?" Paimon asked as you all made your way to Mondstadt. Your eyes widened a bit at the question. You didn't have your sword with you, so you just made your hands into fists and punched the air, signifying you fist fought with enemies...?

Paimon got it though, "oh! You must be very strong then. Paimon wants to be like you someday!" She said in awe, as you proudly put your hands on your hips. Aether and Zhongli were talking about some random Liyue archon thing dead stuff. You chuckled awkwardly at her comment and went back to walking.

"So... Paimon wants to know— Where are you from?" You internally screamed as she asked that. You could say,— well rather, use your hands to explain— that you're from Inazuma and from the poor, which'd explain why most of everything doesn't make sense to you. You could also say you're from Sumeru, and you're here for studying purposes. But you're not that smart in that department, so you continued to think.

You unknowingly had a sad look on your face while thinking of an excuse, probably because thinking about home made you think about Lumine. Lumine was your home, 'home is wherever we are together', she once said. You know it's not for you, it's a quote she shares with her brother, but imagining it's for you makes you feel better, relieved even. Eventually, Paimon noticed your expression, and continued to smile at you and say— "Aww, it's okay [Nickname]! No need to tell." She pulled you into a side hug while walking. That was sweet— No, wait, snap out of it, you're just here to act.