12

In the past, Chaeyoung has always found Jennie's soccer games a little bit of a drag. But this time it's different. Jennie hadn't even been the one to invite her, not technically, even though Chaeyoung would probably be dragged here anyway. Lisa had asked her if she was coming to the game, which meant that Chaeyoung had to say yes.

(She didn't have to, but still.)

It starts the same as any other game; Jennie shows up, already in her soccer uniform, and Chaeyoung gets into the car and drives to school with her, though much less reluctantly than usual. And because it's a Friday night, Jennie tells her, "There's a party at Somi's later, if you're willing to go with me and be my wingman."

"You know how I feel about parties," Chaeyoung thinks, but she also remembers what Lisa had said on Monday. No, actually. I think I'll reward myself for my inevitable victory with a nice relaxing bath. She might've changed her mind, but she's not going to ask Jennie about it.

Jennie parks in her usual place, and Chaeyoung goes the long way around with her like she usually does, rather than going straight to find a place to sit on the bleachers. "I'm surprised you've not dramatically announced how you'd rather be anywhere other than supporting your best friend on a Friday night."

Chaeyoung rolls her eyes. "I never do that."

"Literally do it every time I have a game that I drag you to," Jennie retorts, "or maybe it's because you want to find out if your internet girlfriend's real name is Lalisa Manoban."

"She's not. She said she wouldn't tell you who her crush is, but if she did tell you, you'd go and tell them. Which means she could tell you a name." Chaeyoung points out, "which means she's not Yellow."

"Or maybe she just doesn't want to tell me she doesn't actually know who she's got a crush on," Jennie rebukes her, and Chaeyoung ignores that little spark of hope in her chest. "If you think about it, it'd be kind of hilarious if it did turn out you'd been talking to Lisa, when you were into her sister."

Chaeyoung blushes. "Just stop, it's not Lisa."

"Alright, alright," Jennie laughs, and as they approach the doors to the locker rooms, she's a little disappointed that they didn't run into Lisa on the way there. "I'm mostly just teasing you, but it's not like it's impossible. Anyway, I'll meet you here after. Wish me luck."

"Good luck," Chaeyoung replies, and when Jennie goes into the locker rooms, she loiters in the hallway for a little while, wondering if Lisa is here already. And the moment she gives up and turns to head out of the doors and go find a seat, someone grabs her by the wrist and she jumps at the sparks she feels. "Lisa."

"Hey," Lisa smiles at her as she turns around, letting go of her arm now that she's caught her, "how'd you know it was me?"

Because any time you touch me it makes me freak out a little, "Jennie's already gone into the locker rooms and you're the only other person who'd bother talking to me."

"Well, that's their loss," Lisa smiles the cutest kind of smile and Chaeyoung feels like she's melting. "Anyway, are you going to Somi's party later?"

"No, probably not. Unless Jennie drags me there against my will," Chaeyoung jokes, but what she really thinks is unless you're there. "You?"

"Nope, I've got a lovely bubble bath waiting for me," Lisa answers, "and maybe a glass of champagne. Because I'm classy."

And she really didn't need the mental image of Lalisa Manoban in the bath, so that's great. "Sounds like an evening a fifty-year-old soccer mom would enjoy."

"Well, I've already got the soccer part down, so maybe that's my inevitable future," Lisa laughs, "except my children will be the ones watching me play. Who says that they get to have all the fun?"